New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's beginning to feel like the summer of 1974 all over again. President Obama claimed executive privilege yesterday to avoid turning over documents that almost certainly will place him smack in the middle of an obscene scandal, one that dwarfs Watergate. If you want to know why this isn't a bigger story than it is currently, think about the fact that NBC has aired precisely 10 seconds of coverage of Fast and Furious in the past year and a half; and the NY Times is already screaming that this is a Republican witch hunt.

By now we can recognize the pattern of Barack Obama's typical, clumsy, extralegal method of advancing his agenda: If you can't get a representative congress to pass unpopular legislation through legal, constitutional means, then you connive to achieve your ends by whatever underhanded, back-door scheme you can dream up . I imagine Obama and Holder yucking it up on the golf course, congratulating themselves on a superior strategy to put one over on the stupid American people, knowing the mainstream media is caddying for them.

Know this: If you poke your ruling stick in the hornet's nest of a still free people you will get stung. When you hold the congress in contempt you are really betraying contempt for America, its Constitution, its values and traditions and all its citizens.

That disregard will be returned many million fold this November by a contemptuous electorate.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
The problem with Fast and Furious, from my recollection, is that it began (or was running) prior to Barry taking office in 2008. The reasons for the GOP going after this right now are NO DOUBT politically motivated. The problem is, once "privileged" information surfaces on this matter, it may end up being another slap in the face for the GOP. Both parties are responsible for this debacle. The majority of politicians in our Gov't are corrupt, greedy criminals. One can't be surprised by scandals such as this one.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
While it's true that there were gun-running operations under Bush, those involved sufficient surveillance and were conducted in cooperation with Mexican authorities, resulting in arms smugglers being detained. Fast and Furious did no such thing, instead doing little more than loading drug cartels with weapons that the BATFE ordered dealers to sell to suspicious individuals and known smugglers.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Baby Kaboomer, well said.

Noodles, I would add that IMO the current administration might be afraid of documentation coming to the surface that they were somehow complacent to allow this to occur while generating headlines to be used to enforce stricter gun laws within the US. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Whether there were loads of surveillance in place or not, Fast and Furious was a total sh** idea cooked up by crook politicians. Some of what those cartels can do to evade authorities is absolutely astounding. You can have all the surveillance and tracing set up in the world and those cartel lords will figure out how to defeat it. It was and is a senseless operation...one administration is simply handling it more negligently than the other.

Oh look, free weapons from the Gringos!!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
"Executive Privilege" - Where is Woodward and Bernstein on this one? Oh that's right...They are liberals!

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Fast and Furious was I believe an idea from the Obama Administration...set up by AG Holder, who should be charged with 1st degree murder in the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry..if Obama knew about it, he should be setting right next to Holder..I got no time for these crooks in Washington, it's long past time to clean house.:unhappy:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Bunch of Kings & Queens running this country... If your High enough, you are never held accountable!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts