New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I have been very pleased with my Saiga 7.62 that I got earlier this year and I want to get one in 5.45 before the price gets too crazy out of the $600 range. My problem is that I live in Suffolk county and I only know of one store that sells 5.45 @ 50 cents a round and they dont always have it. My only other option I know is using lucky gunner and doing the transfer through Port Jefferson AN. Lucky gunner has 5.45 30 round boxes of silver bear for 10 bucks plus shipping and then I would have to pay 30 cents on each box for the transfer fee. I would like more variety in ammo type and possibly pricing are their any other options?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Can you find an FFL that will do a cheaper transfer? 30 cents a box is a bit steep. Even if you have to travel further but you buy in bulk when you do it.

Watch this: GunBot 545x39 rifle ammo for a bit and find one of these places that will ship to a NY FFL.

Sadly, SGAmmo won't ship to NY.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Can you find an FFL that will do a cheaper transfer? 30 cents a box is a bit steep. Even if you have to travel further but you buy in bulk when you do it.

Watch this: GunBot 545x39 rifle ammo for a bit and find one of these places that will ship to a NY FFL.

Sadly, SGAmmo won't ship to NY.
Yeah. That surplus stuff is pretty good too. The cheapest comes from J&G and they will ship to FFL's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up about j&g I think ill get a case or two of silver bear even though its a little more than 7n6 I'm paranoid about shooting corrosive ammo

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Gander Mountain near me always has it. Plus their .com has alot more and you can still order online and just do an in-store pickup.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There's cheap 5.45 out there. Wolf, Red Army, etc.

I hope you went ahead and just got the rifle. :)

That 7.62x39 saiga I lost in that awful fire shot sub 2moa with a scope. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts