New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) ripped National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre on Sunday as someone who reminds him of "the clowns at the circus."
Malloy was responding to LaPierre's criticism of Connecticut's new gun restrictions, signed into law after December's elementary school massacre in Newtown. LaPierre said the new rules won't affect criminals but will only make things harder for law-abiding citizens.Connecticut Gov. Savages Wayne LaPierre: 'This Guy Is So Out of Whack, It

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The only ones "Out of Whack" are these freaking Pols who are burning our Constitutional Rights. Politicians talking about Circus Clowns... isnt that the pot calling the kettle black?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm not that big a fan of Lapierre, but I've yet to see one person contradict his positions with anything but personal attacks. Don't want security in schools, then come up with a legitimate argument, just saying "It's a stupid idea" over and over, time and time again does not constitute a refutation, most people move beyond this level of discourse somewhere around the fourth grade.

I see the "armor piercing bullet" BS is back as well. I guess it's time to haul that old boogeyman back up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. I can deal with people having different opinions than my own but one thing I will not tolerate is liars and distortionists.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This guy is so out of whack, it's unbelievable. Ninety-two percent of the American people want universal background checks. I can't get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun? Or buy armor-piercing ammunition? It doesn't make any sense - he doesn't make any sense, thus my reference to the circus.

Holy straw man batman.

You get a BGC when you fly?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think to take all the BS Mr Lapierre takes from the media and not blow up makes him a better man than me. The media lies, pokes and prods him and he stays the course not to mention the idiot polititions but he understands the pols are mostly morons.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think to take all the BS Mr Lapierre takes from the media and not blow up makes him a better man than me. The media lies, pokes and prods him and he stays the course not to mention the idiot polititions but he understands the pols are mostly morons.
Sometimes I just wish that with the funding that they have, the NRA could just prepare themselves, and LaPierre better when speaking publicly. The right words and delivery are paramount, like it or not, we live in a country of semi-imbeciles, most of them who pay more attention to their smart phones than anything else in their lives.

Remember Dan Quayle who was ridiculed for years just for saying that a family was better with both a mom, and a dad? A little better preparation might, or might not have changed things. And boy, didn't the single mom thing work out well for the country. A better word combination than "single mom" would be "crime factory", the biggest factor that nearly all men in prison share is that they were all raised in single parent households, with the mother as parent.

·
www.tresmondlaw.com
442 Posts
I'm not that big a fan of Lapierre, but I've yet to see one person contradict his positions with anything but personal attacks. Don't want security in schools, then come up with a legitimate argument, just saying "It's a stupid idea" over and over, time and time again does not constitute a refutation, most people move beyond this level of discourse somewhere around the fourth grade.
This is so true. There are many different ways to secure a school. Some parents are not comfortable with the idea of teachers or school employees carrying guns around a school - there is something to be said for that. School shootings are a statistical anomaly, and it is far more likely that a child could get a hold of the gun from a teacher's desk or purse if the teacher or school employee is negligent in storing the gun. Admittedly, that is a potentially dangerous prospect. As for armed guards, school districts are strapped for cash as it is. But these people do not argue these points, they simply respond with emotional knee jerk reactions that have little sense.

If New York State was serious about making schools safer, why did it quash legislation that would have actually provided funding to keep schools better locked up and secure during the school day? Because the only thing these people are serious about is taking your guns - the guns that ever shot anyone - away from you. Their arguments have no merit.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
If he thinks LaPierre is a clown, what would he say about the scumbag politicians who were exposed in NY this past week for fraud?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There are a lot of things I wish the NRA would say or do differently. However, until/unless something better comes along, I will continue to support them and the work they do. The way I see it, they need to be as crazy on the right as the libs are on the left - this is, unfortunately, the ny way to defend gun rights since the left will NEVER be satisfied with ANY compromise - ever!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
P.S.
One thing I'd love to see are well-done commercials that educate Americans about their rights and why it's so damned important that we, as a free society, shouldn't willingly and eagerly legislate them away...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
did Gov. Dan Malloy mention he asked all the AR-15 makers in CT to stay?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
did Gov. Dan Malloy mention he asked all the AR-15 makers in CT to stay?
Gotta protect those jobs (and votes)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts