New York Firearms Forum banner

Congratulation Andy NY is #1 (worst tax state)

6K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  John Stark 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Well this looks legit. Who's the college professor that headed this up? If you want to know the average property tax you can not get an accurate result if you figure it out per capita. Renters and minors for example don't pay property taxes, so you can't factor them in. You need to take the number of property owners and work with them only. Also 4% for sales tax average? I can't think of any place I've been in NY where I would have payed a low enough tax to bring the average down that low. Most places I've been, it's been between 6% and 9%. As for the income tax, I haven't looked at my W2 yet but I'd be willing to bet that myself and many others are over the average on that too. This "study" is as full of crap as Obutthole's State of the Union last night.

#11 ·
Funny thing is, they didnt earn a god dam dime of it. They rifle through your pockets to collet thier vig every week. Even the mob gives ya break once in a while.

#13 ·
I did not have to read that article to figure that out.Just looking at my gross pay on my pay stub compared to my bring home is enough to tell me were i live.They should make it a law so they can not show the **** taking out of your pay,at least then i wouldnt think about it every week.

#23 ·
Worst? I suggest you all change your attitude. Some people RELY on these monies and need even more to make ends meet these days.

... and by ends meet, I mean the end of the 55" wide screen meeting the satellite dish and being integrated with the iPad.
Are these the same people i see every day when im paving ?You know,the ones that are outside on there porch watching us at 9 am with a beer in there hand chain smoking?Kids on the front lawn that have not had a bath in days.Then you pass the store in town or the Burger King and there are help wanted signs in the windows.Love them people

#26 ·
Wait until the stock market goes belly up in the next few months or so, and the Wall Street "too big too fail" companies need another massive TARP bailout.

They'll be seizing the 19 trillion in 401k, IRA, and other retirement accounts as a "hair cut" tax like they've been doing in Spain to cover the massive losses on Wall St. Spain has already nationalized 90% of the retirement accounts because they're economy tanked so bad.

When the Fed has been printing money and devaluing the dollar since even before Oblamer took office, and using that fiat money to float the market so it doesn't crash for once and all, we are but a few bank runs shy of collapse.

19 trillion in private retirement accounts, 17 trillion and counting in national debt. Do the math.

We'll be wishing we were back to today's level of taxation when the Final Crash comes at long last.

Tell me it can't happen here.

#28 ·
Wait until the stock market goes belly up in the next few months or so, and the Wall Street "too big too fail" companies need another massive TARP bailout.

They'll be seizing the 19 trillion in 401k, IRA, and other retirement accounts as a "hair cut" tax like they've been doing in Spain to cover the massive losses on Wall St. Spain has already nationalized 90% of the retirement accounts because they're economy tanked so bad.

When the Fed has been printing money and devaluing the dollar since even before Oblamer took office, and using that fiat money to float the market so it doesn't crash for once and all, we are but a few bank runs shy of collapse.

19 trillion in private retirement accounts, 17 trillion and counting in national debt. Do the math.

We'll be wishing we were back to today's level of taxation when the Final Crash comes at long last.

Tell me it can't happen here.
Yes, it's a house of cards. With the rate of spending by Ovommit and the rest of the establishment, including the rino enablers, we should get to 19 tril before Darth Ovommit's term is over. Then we can look forward to the next establishment overlord to keep sticking it to us.

#31 ·
I had read something about a ""bail In"" in the next market crash , Justified to prevent a collaspe of the dollar. Theres something like 75,trillion dollars in personel saveings .And in the event a major crash which is inevitable according to Ben Bernake, the government intends on seizeing personel saveings to bail out the banks.

If thats not a reason to want gun control I dont know what is.

#32 · (Edited)
The bail ins were what happened in Cyprus , and greece when they stole the peoples money from thier bank accounts .remember when they were throwing molotov cocktails at government buildings? That was a bail in.

WASHINGTON - With the United States facing a $17 trillion debt and an acidic debate in Washington over raising that debt limit on top of a potential government shutdown, Congress could mimic recent European action to let banks initiate a "bail-in" to blunt future failures, experts say.
Previously the federal government has taken taxes from consumers, or borrowed the money, to hand out to troubled banks. This could be a little different, and could allow banks to reach directly into consumers' bank accounts for their cash.

Read more at Americans warned bank 'bail-ins' coming

Americans warned bank 'bail-ins' coming

the Dodd-Frank bill allows the federal government to confiscate bank deposits in an unlimited "bail-in" for banks "too big to fail," provided the account holder gets equity in exchange for the deposits.
In March, Cyprus agreed to confiscate 10 percent of all deposits in Cypriot banks, calculated to result in a 10 billion euro "bail-in" as a condition of obtaining an emergency Eurozone bail-out of 10 billion euros.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/yes-feds-can-take-your-deposits/#TMF9SV2TBHfA3yi1.99

#33 ·
WASHINGTON - With the United States facing a $17 trillion debt and an acidic debate in Washington over raising that debt limit on top of a potential government shutdown, Congress could mimic recent European action to let banks initiate a "bail-in" to blunt future failures, experts say.

Previously the federal government has taken taxes from consumers, or borrowed the money, to hand out to troubled banks. This could be a little different, and could allow banks to reach directly into consumers' bank accounts for their cash.
The stock market has had some severe jitters this week. I wonder if Yellen tightening the spigot had anything to do with that?

Nah. Couldn't be.

We know our fiat money is stable and not at all subject to market pressures that could bring either an extreme deflation/devaluation or hyper-inflation. The Fed is in good hands, this time around.

This is why I'm investing in hard currency for the future:

#34 ·
Yes I think they ""Tapered"" off 10 billion a month they were putting into the real estate market. So Im pretty sure you can expect real estate prices to drop a little this year.

Gold bounced a little bit too

#36 ·
Yes I think they ""Tapered"" off 10 billion a month they were putting into the real estate market. So Im pretty sure you can expect real estate prices to drop a little this year.
And we know that in the #1 taxed state in the Union, that there will be an equal and reciprocal lowering of property and school taxes to match the drop in real estate valuation, right? And assessments will likewise go down, rather than up...

Thank goodness we have Dear Leader in DC, and mini-me dear leader in Albany, to show us the way.

#35 ·
Dude,you are Hooked up!

#37 ·
And we know that in the #1 taxed state in the Union, that there will be an equal and reciprocal lowering of property and school taxes to match the drop in real estate valuation, right? And assessments will likewise go down, rather than up...
Its much easyier if they just keep it the same. Dont you think? Why go changeing it around ?;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.