New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a Norinco MAK90 w a thumb hole stock be exempt from registration? If not it has to be registered? How about a saiga? No pistol grip at all!?

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
If it has ONE evil feature and a detachable magazine it is classified as an "assault weapon" under this new bull****. It must be registered.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
So what evil feature do i have? That's my confusion
Thumbhole stocks are now in the same boat as a pistol grip, there is your 1 feature. Sagia is good to go.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I thought they said a thumbhole stock was an evil feature?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read thumb hole stock under shotguns not rifles! If it is illegal then how about i fill in the hole?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am incorrect as usually thumbhole stock is listed for both rifle and shotgun. So if i fill the hole am i good??

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
So if it is semi-auto and has a detachable magazine, is it an AW?
No. It needs one or more of the features listed (pistol grip, foregrip, collapsible stock, thumbhole stock etc.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
look at it this way, you can put collapsible stocks on EVERYTHING now. Want that sweet S12 conversion? As long as you have one in hand have at it, as long as you register it you can do whatever you want short of NFA violations as long as you register it

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are you all going to run out and "comply" with this unconstitutional garbage, or are you going to wait until the the dust from the law suits settle.

Canada's long gun registration did not work because too many people refused to register them. It was repealed last year.

In NY, I think this will fail constitutionally, and may be repealed because of cost. (when the Article 1 Section 7 class action suit settles.)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No. It needs one or more of the features listed (pistol grip, foregrip, collapsible stock, thumbhole stock etc.)
Foregrips are an evil feature? So an AK style is practically impossible to get around it?

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Foregrips are an evil feature? So an AK style is practically impossible to get around it?
Yes, except they call them a "second handgrip."

(A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE 44 MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS: 45 (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK; 46 (II) A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF 47 THE WEAPON; 48 (III) A THUMBHOLE STOCK; 49 (IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE 50 NON-TRIGGER HAND; 51 (V) A BAYONET MOUNT; 52 (VI) A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, MUZZLE COMPENSATOR, OR THREADED 53 BARREL DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, OR 54 MUZZLE COMPENSATOR; 55 (VII) A GRENADE LAUNCHER

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi-point ? anyone answer where they fall

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, except they call them a "second handgrip."

(A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE 44 MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS: 45 (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK; 46 (II) A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF 47 THE WEAPON; 48 (III) A THUMBHOLE STOCK; 49 (IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE 50 NON-TRIGGER HAND; 51 (V) A BAYONET MOUNT; 52 (VI) A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, MUZZLE COMPENSATOR, OR THREADED 53 BARREL DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, OR 54 MUZZLE COMPENSATOR; 55 (VII) A GRENADE LAUNCHER
Any way around this one??

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
What about removing the pistol grip from an AK all-togther, dremel the threads on the barrel, forgive the butchery-but now you getting somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts