New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what shield I have at this point. I believe it is just called an M&P shield 9. I bought it about 5 years ago and it has 7+1 mag and 8+1 mag. When I go to the smith and wesson site, there seems to be a 2.0 , an ez, a compact, etc.... I didn't realize they have so many pistols that look the same. Do they even make the shield 9 anymore? I am looking to see if there is any real reason to upgrade to a different carry gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
You have the original Shield called the 1.0.

Yes, the Shield is still being sold as the 2.0 in different variations.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. Thank you. It seems like it is still pretty much the same as the Shield M2.0. I read that there are some slight trigger feel differences. I see no reason to upgrade at the moment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ok. Thank you. It seems like it is still pretty much the same as the Shield M2.0. I read that there are some slight trigger feel differences. I see no reason to upgrade at the moment.
should you decide you need to upgrade, you can send it back to the factory for their Action Carry package, about $130. A less expensive route would be to add an APEX trigger upgrade. I was given one, it wasn't bad, but then I sent it off to S&W, as I wanted it factory. Money well spent, IMHO.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shield 1.0 9mm, 2.0 9mm, EZ all have different rails I believe. I have a Shield 1.0 9mm and my wife has a .380 EZ. The .380 EZ & 2.0 have a Picatinny-style rail, the 1.0 doesn't.

I bought the 1.0 last year because it was cheaper then the 2.0. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
They’re all good guns, I just upgraded to the shield plus. The major difference that I can see is that the grip stippling Isnt as rough as before, the trigger feels better and now it comes with a 10 and 13 round magazines.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am considering getting a performance center shield plus as well. There website does not allow you to select NY restrictions, only MA. Are MA restrictions even worse? I imagine that the NY sales come with two 10 round mags since we can't have 13. Correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts