New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just scheduled my appointment (Aug 14), and have an appointment for early October. That's just 2 months, huge improvement from the past year and a half.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey all, just scheduled my appointment (Aug 14), and have an appointment for early October. That's just 2 months, huge improvement from the past year and a half.
Not from there but good to hear

·
Registered
261 Posts
From Herkimer Co. Submitted in November, told I would have permit by June. It is now August. ...Went there in June said I would have it next month. That was two months ago.

I am glad you are making progress in Onondaga.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE -- turned in my paperwork and CCW shall-issue statement with an attached portfolio of training, professional equipment value, business records and additional reference letters reflecting my character in contribution to the local community (I was told this was a good thing to do because a judge who doesn't know me is required to make a judgment call on my character). Now it's a waiting game.

Timeline so far
• August 14th -- Called in to schedule my appointment, and was scheduled for Oct. 7th. (a little less than 2 months)
• October 7th -- Submitted paperwork, and my references received their questionnaires within 2 days which they all promptly returned.
• Follow-up or Permit Issuance -- I will update this part when I hear something.

So far, I am exactly 2 months into the process from the time I called for an appointment, to having all of my paperwork submitted and my references' responses returned to the Onondaga Pistol Unit. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who is he to judge you?
Well, I see your point. However he's the guy who can decide whether or not to issue me an unrestricted permit. In Onondaga it's particularly difficult.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just updating -- one of my references did not return their paperwork as promptly as I would have liked, that paperwork was recieved by the office around Oct 21st. So as of right now I'm approximately 3 1/4 months into the process since calling for my appointment. Anyone in Onondaga receive their license recently? Any insight as to how long it took between submitting your paperwork and getting your license?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey all, just an update - I have been APPROVED! Received my postcard in the mail today. It says I'll receive my permit without an additional appointment. So from the time I scheduled my appointment on August 14th to receiving my postcard today (December 15th), that is a total of almost exactly four months (HUGE improvement in timeframes). I'll follow up tomorrow with details on the type of permit issued, and will answer any questions about the process for those considering it and currently in the middle of it.

Think you're going to get the unrestricted?
The postcard does not specify if I've received an unrestricted permit. I believe I will, as I have a solid just cause (I regularly am the sole transportation and operator of professional equipment in the value range of tens of thousands - regularly in unfamiliar locations at any given time as assignments dictate) in addition to a large time investment in various training classes from Article 35 and CCW Tactics & Concepts to an extended history in martial arts and community service. I also expressed my continued enrollment in self-defense/situational-awareness training. I submitted an attached portfolio with all training certificates, business information and related records, additional letters of reference and a diagrammed photo documentation of professional equipment in my possession and use. It was an immense concerted effort to present things thoroughly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
:yay::yay:Is it unrestricted?

Hey all, just an update - I have been APPROVED! Received my postcard in the mail today. It says I'll receive my permit without an additional appointment. So from the time I scheduled my appointment on August 14th to receiving my postcard today (December 15th), that is a total of almost exactly four months (HUGE improvement in timeframes). I'll follow up tomorrow with details on the type of permit issued, and will answer any questions about the process for those considering it and currently in the middle of it.

The postcard does not specify if I've received an unrestricted permit. I believe I will, as I have a solid just cause (I regularly am the sole transportation and operator of professional equipment in the value range of tens of thousands - regularly in unfamiliar locations at any given time as assignments dictate) in addition to a large time investment in various training classes from Article 35 and CCW Tactics & Concepts to an extended history in martial arts and community service. I also expressed my continued enrollment in self-defense/situational-awareness training. I submitted an attached portfolio with all training certificates, business information and related records, additional letters of reference and a diagrammed photo documentation of professional equipment in my possession and use. It was an immense concerted effort to present things thoroughly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts