51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok if you are not LE
but what if you were prior Military
what chances do you think I have.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Chances for what? getting your permit? Depends on a lot of things. Any arrests and convictions for anything? Read Rockland County's requirements for obtaining a permit and answer the question yourself.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If your asking about unrestricted, probably not too likely.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Prior military means absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, in their eyes you were good enough to serve and protect. However, now you are damaged goods and most likely a threat. Sad but true.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As I have heard there is no such thing as unrestricted permits in Rockland county.

I just recently sat thru a Rockland County class with my wife for her permit and he instructor explained that your not even allowed to carry in route to the range or while heading out to do any of the sportsman stuff. And that you had to have the fire arm unloaded, with magazines,Firearm and ammo separate.

So now I guess if you were going to go hiking. you would have to have your firearm locked in a case when you arrived you would have to un lock everything, Load your magazines, load your fire arm, install your holster, then put your fire arm in your concealed holster all with out being seen or you could be reported and prosecuted for brandishing.

Rockland county regulations are poorly written, they are not going to protect people, its just un-nesassary regulations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts