Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just poking around online and came across this
what company do you guys have ?
What is the yearly cost. ?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
My worry is that the insurance company would find a way to weasel it's way out of it if a situation where you needed to use it ever arose.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmmmm. Something I definitely need to look into.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like a good idea and sounds like it something I haven't considered until I stumbled on it online
its only 100 per yr for one person
150 for 2 people per year

·
Registered
715 Posts
It looks like a good idea and sounds like it something I haven't considered until I stumbled on it online
its only 100 per yr for one person
150 for 2 people per year
Sounds reasonable now. Once the Libs get done mandating it for all gun owners, it will cost 1,000.00 per year and just go up from there.....

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Hornady Critical Defense... its the best insurance. ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
It is not insurance.

"This is not an insurance product. It is a services agreement. Therefore, any money judgements rendered against a member is the responsibility of the member. "

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My worry is that the insurance company would find a way to weasel it's way out of it if a situation where you needed to use it ever arose.
That sounds like every form of insurance

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've been looking into this on and off for a while. there are pros and cons to all of the services out there (and CCW Safe does have a decent comparison section). CCW Safe is not an insurance program, it is a services program and pays for all services immediately. So it appears there is no out of pocket expenses up front, whereas the other services out there are insurance programs and have restrictions on when they pay out.

I like the idea of CCW Safe but the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on it is because it has been around only since 2011. I would like to see some good reviews on the service before trusting it fully.

I am also wondering if perhaps the best option would be a combination of CCW Safe coupled with one of the other regular insurance products. The reason I am thinking this is because CCW Safe will not cover any money judgments against a member. On the other hand, USCCA offers "Civil Suit Defense and Damages" protection.

So, would it be a good idea to have CCW Safe to cover the up front costs and then have another insurance product cover the potential civil liabilities on the other end? Would there be an issue with legal representation if someone belonged to two different services?

Ultimately, we all hope to never need this kind of service, but with the fact that both my wife and I carry, I like the idea of extra safety and the dual membership of CCW Safe sounds nice.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This is the same thing as the old lawyers ticket program they had a few years ago for big rig drivers . If you got a ticket , you called the number then they had a lawyer call you back . He took the ticket , fought it , then you paid a small fee ( usually a hundred dollars ) then usually the tickets were dismissed . This sounds like he same type plan .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It sounds like a good system to me so I think I might be going for it something good to have and not need it rather then need it and not have it

·
Registered
817 Posts
It sounds like a good system to me so I think I might be going for it something good to have and not need it rather then need it and not have it[/QUOT

I agree - This seems worth looking into more.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Keep in mind that the NRA has a similar plan built into the membership, with increased protection available for extra fees.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I hear the NRA helps its members. I took out a plan from USCC but I'm not going to renew. I am looking at Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
Having it, is like carrying it, I may never need it, but it feels good knowing its there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Reading all these just makes me think..bahhbahh though.. First off i would wager almost nobody has self defenseivly ever pulled the trigger yet, some people for decades with a permit to protect and never shot at a nother invading their person.. 2nd as insurance scams and games are, youll pay pay pay and the one time you need them your dropped. 3rd IF you did shoot and did not kill but parylyzied the perp or something like that..this "new game of insuring your right to protect yourself" you would be so wrapped up in legal and media issues that no little "insurance for ccw" company is gonna want to even be close to or they will spin and burn with media attention...just a new bunch of BS money scam, dont care if NRA put their name on it or another companys name on it, its just a crock trying to be pushed onto people that think its gonna help and be fine and dandy..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts