New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and am psyched to start break in this weekend....

[image]6.8 SPC by cgrutt, on Flickr[/image]

AST lower receiver "Lucky 13";
Precision reflex upper flattop
Wilson Combat LPK and UPK, 2 stage match tactical trigger, BCG assembly and TRIM free float rail
AR15Performance 20" 6.8 ARP (SPC) 4150 CMV SPR barrel profile with 9310 alloy bolt
Adjustable gas block
Battlecomp BABC compensator
Vltor A5 Conversion EMOD stock and BCM gunfighter charge handle
Magpul ASAP sling attachment
Trijicon Accupoint 3X9 - 40 Mil dot with quick release mount

Many thanks to a number of forum members for your help in getting this together (you know who you are!)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Gorgeous, shoot a video of it in action at the range.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hows that 2 stage trigger working out??? i was going to get one from RRA but end up just getting the spikes enhanced kit..
Going to range to shoot for first time today. I never fired a gun before with a trigger like this one. Very little take up and breaks clean like glass. Resets with just the slightest amount of let up on pressure. Looking forward to testing it out today.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First day at the range...

Break in procedure:

40 rounds;
1st 10 shots single, clean barrel between each round;
Next 30 shots, 10 3-round groups with cleaning between each group.

Had some issues with the adjustable gas block. Think I've got it dialed in right now, but hard to say. Had 3 failure to feed (if that's a failure, lol); Think it was short-stroking. Opened up the gas and it seems to be working fine now.

First round of each three round group was shooting high left; next two a bit closer. Range Officer said it was because I was cleaning barrel between each group, and the first 1 or 2 rounds after cleaning are throw-aways. Who knows? Had fun trying. My last two shots were by far the best, marked #7 lower right target.

More tomorrow!

[image]6_8_SPC 100 yrds 20120609 by cgrutt, on Flickr[/image]

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
and am psyched to start break in this weekend....

[image]6.8 SPC by cgrutt, on Flickr[/image]

AST lower receiver "Lucky 13";
Precision reflex upper flattop
Wilson Combat LPK and UPK, 2 stage match tactical trigger, BCG assembly and TRIM free float rail
AR15Performance 20" 6.8 ARP (SPC) 4150 CMV SPR barrel profile with 9310 alloy bolt
Adjustable gas block
Battlecomp BABC compensator
Vltor A5 Conversion EMOD stock and BCM gunfighter charge handle
Magpul ASAP sling attachment
Trijicon Accupoint 3X9 - 40 Mil dot with quick release mount

Many thanks to a number of forum members for your help in getting this together (you know who you are!)
Nice setup. I thought that upper looked familiar. Nice meeting you at the show

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A little better today, but not much....

100 yards, Blackrock range in Cornwall, NY. Nice place to shoot...

[image]6_8_SPC 100 yrds 20120610 by cgrutt, on Flickr[/image]

Having a bunch of problems with feeding. Bad magazines? About every fourth round would not feed. Believe they were all on right side of mag. I have two new 10-round magazined from PRI. One seems to work better than the other, but both had FTF issues. Any suggestions?

Also thinking could be short stroking, but had no problems with ejection. Very frustrating... fun shooting nevertheless, lol.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I know yours is 6.8 but what kind of ammo you running? I just recently bought an armalite ar and was having feeding and short strokin issues with it. Turns out it was the wolf wpa steel case ammo. I fan some federal and pmc brass case threw it and problem solved. Fast forward to today a few hundred rounds later i tried the wold wpa again and it ran flawless.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts