New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What clubs around the capital region have more shoots.

Due to marking the wrong day on my Calender I missed the IPSC shoot for June at Watervliet. I also shoot IDPA at saraspa when I can make it but what else is available at different clubs nearby

·
Registered
176 Posts
Iroquois does have an IDPA club, NY Capital Region Defensive Pistol League...it's a closed club though...before you can join in the fun you must be approved by the co-directors and take a safety course that they run. It's a good group of guys...they have taught me everything I know about shooting IDPA. If you are interested get ahold of the contact people listed on the site and they will let you know what you need to do. Hope to see you there some time!

·
Registered
51 Posts
forbes is cool but i think its closed membership also. I think you have to be ex service or have nra points. Ive looked into it my self.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes Forbes has a different mind set as far as "New" members

The Board of Directors has set the following qualifications for new members, commencing January 1, 2009.

Proof of:1. an NRA classification in a shooting sport; or, 2. satisfactory completion of a smalls arms training school; or 3. current peace officer, or service in the armed forces. Please remember that new members must also attend an orientation course, as described above, before being allowed to use the range.

I understand these Rules were put in place to help keep out the hunters, plinkers and others that just like to hear BANG-BANG-BANG and dont' care about SAFETY. I for one looked into joining years ago but couldn't see the 5 hour round trip 3 times for the classes so have been there for NRA Competitions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts