New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to shoot competitive rifle and I am looking to get into some pistol competitions locally. Anyone familiar with local competitions? I know there are some at Ten-X and Tonawanda sportsmens club - what are they shooting? Are there awards (cash or otherwise) for winners?

Any info is much appreciated!

· Registered
816 Posts
several options in the Buffalo region. Several indoor and outdoor bullseye leagues- many find bullseye boring but it is one of the best ways to master shooting fundamentals- sighs alignment grip trigger control. There are the niagara fronier and suburban pistol leaguse in winter time for bullseye. For more info go to the website WNY bullseye .com , also during the period of late april to september bullseye shoots the WNOPL (outdoor).
So called "practical" combat style pistol shooting is available in the WNYPPL (WNY practical pistol league) and also several clubs in the area (blasdell, attica) have club matches that non members can shoot. I like doing both and will concur that the practical or combat leagues are more fun but also find beginners tend to develop bad habits (marginal to poor sight alignment and trigger control) if they start with combat matches.

· Registered
3,751 Posts
Allied Sportsmen Club in Marilla will be starting a PPL League in January.
Everyone is welcome. The course is designed for Revolver but semi's are welcome to shoot. Some guys use both.
This is a great bunch to shoot with and the league is a lot of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.