New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is their any place where you can go and get combat training for a zombie apocalypse i.e. military style training . Except without actually signing up for the military.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Would love to know this as well. Tactical courses I've been looking at are fairly expensive...$300-$400 for two days. Of course none of them are offered by me either, so that's always great.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I've never been to his classes but have met him and he truly is one of the nicest and most down to earth guys.
I need to get off my ass and get to one of his classes....i just know i will become addicted LOL.

G

·
When you take time to look at the cost of private training (tuition + travel + lodging + ammunition +etc.) you’ll come to realize that a few years in combat arms is a million dollar experience.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Hi All,

While I truly APPRECIATE the support here I must say that I do not teach military tactics or team combat skills. I am a citizen with no experience in those disciplines. However, MDTS does provide skill at arms training with an emphasis on personal protection for citizens and how to protect yourself and others in your everyday environments. The word "Combative" is used as a descriptor of our take on the mindset necessary to survive and win a potential lethal force incident. More about that here if interested:

The Combative Mindset

The Combative Mindset Part 2

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it necessary to have a pistol in a carbine course, I'm still going through the paper work and I'm not sure I would have the permit by the first carbine 1&2 course on 3/30.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Is it necessary to have a pistol in a carbine course, I'm still going through the paper work and I'm not sure I would have the permit by the first carbine 1&2 course on 3/30.
Hi Hodge,

Not at all as a matter of fact I moved transition to pistol to the carbine 3&4 class this year (2012). We have A LOT of people who come to the carbine classes who do not have a pistol so I give them a different skill set/task to work on during drills for that module of instruction. I also have blue gun pistol simulators people can use upon request to at least go through the movements.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
Awesome thank you. It's also a good thing since I may have a couple of friends interested in the class that are from Pennsylvania.

Is it mainly an ar15 course or have people brought ak's to class?

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Hi Hodge, any carbine type long gun. We have had people shoot the class with AK's, Storms, Hi-Points, mini-14's, all sorts. There is a focus on the AR/M4/M16 family of firearms.

Awesome thank you. It's also a good thing since I may have a couple of friends interested in the class that are from Pennsylvania.

Is it mainly an ar15 course or have people brought ak's to class?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts