New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I graduated college years ago, but I still have most of my common core textbooks. I have noticed theyre still used today and I could probably get good money for them. do you still keep yours?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Chucked them on eBay the day after each semester. Only kept the ones I wouldn't make any money on, or I really found actually useful.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Sell em to anyone, but the college bookstores. Unless you want to retake classes for no reason.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I sold most of mine, just kept the design books for reference. I wish I had kept my intro to DC circuits textbook though, it would come in handy sometimes as a memory jogger.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm sure History lessons in those books will change from year to year. Won't be long and people won't know what the 2nd is.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I kept my college engineering, physics, chemistry and vintage Penthouse. Circa 1976. Some history and sociology still around. English and calculus long gone. FORTRAN text and the punch cards gone too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bought text books for my classes every year except my senior year. The ones that I did buy books for, sold them as soon as I could, as "new" versions come out almost on an annual basis. "Oh we forgot a comma in that sentence on page 236, time for a new version"

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like to keep them. Looking at them on my shelf reminds me of the stuff I read in them. And a lot of books lose more than %50 value within a year or two after you buy them, which just doesn't make it worth it to me.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I kept all of my Psyc books because they can be used as references for papers in future college course. My Math books i shipped to my kid when she was in HS because she was bored with HS math. I do have a few Criminal Justice books that I have holding ip something to keep it level. I keep the history and Western Civ books because they are interesting to reread. No I don't sell my books.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Depending on your major, I would keep the ones that you could use as reference in your career.
The rest I would sell back to your college bookstore or to Amazon.
Amazon will pay for shipping and give you an Amazon gift card.
C.B.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most of these books are for structural engineering, but since ill never work in that field I dont think ill have a use for them.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Keep'em if there is an ounce of a chance the info is useful but by what you just stated probable not. I agree on the EBay deal just be VERY specific on what the book is....

EBays book site is www.half.com I believe.

I kept ALL of my text books as well as every notebook, journal and FILE from my associates, undergrad and grad(s) degrees. Why? Because that is MY intellectual property that I went through hell to get.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It is fun to go over the "environmental" texts from 1970. According to them we should now be dead from mass starvation, air pollution, pesticide poisoning, drought and a new ice age.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sell them all before they are worth nothing. If they are already not worth anything keep the sentimental ones...

·
Registered
203 Posts
No. Textbooks are useless after you graduated. I do keep reference books like Korn&Korn's Mathematical Handbook or Horowitz&Hill's The Art of Electronics.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Only kept the ones I couldn't turn into cash. They're good for propping up stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts