New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking on and off for a few years now, for a parts kit to a Cobray 410/45 Double Barrel pistol. Does anyone know where I can find one? Great fun little pistol for hiking as a snake gun or just plinkering. The double barrel look was a conversation starter at the range lol. Mine has been broken for a very long time now (good 15 years now) and would like to tinker with it if I can find the parts. My selector switch is broken.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Cobray might be a hard one to find used parts for, There isn't much profit in low end gun parts. Because of the small profit margin most gun parts people won't waste their time and effort in them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about buying another one just the firearm doesn't interest me enough to buy another. I have one of these nice novelty firearms for hiking and plinking, just the selector switch is broke. This firearm will not fire. The switch and post replacement part can not be more than a dollar so to spend another 100 to 170 dollars for the same firearm...eh I'll pass. I saw these kits many years ago for 5 dollars and never picked one up. Its been sitting as a decoration all these years and it will continue to sit until I find the dang parts lol. Maybe I'll just make the part some day. I hear these 3D printers will be able to make tools and parts (to replace broken ones sometime - chuckles) saving us the time looking all around. I really like what the 3D printers can offer so far. Back on topic maybe making one might be my best bet but would rather find the correct parts first.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Did a quick search and found this website --> Jack Squat's Flat Spot - Jack Squat's*Flat*Spot
(Look at the list on the left side on that page, they also carry side plates for other types of those Cobray kit guns.)

On that page it reads;
"NOTE - The derringer parts kits (barrel, trigger, grips shown below) are sold by a company called Excalibur for $35.00. They do not have a website. Orders have to be phoned in at 800-642-1600. I have attached a PDF of their catalog below as well as instructions on assembling your derringer."

The link for Excalibur's PDF Catalog --> http://www.theflatspot.net/uploads/6/9/0/0/6900641/excalibur_catalog.pdf

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Worst trigger of any gun I ever shot. My son bought one, 9mm IIRC. I had to check twice to see if the safety was still on while trying to fire it. He kept it about a week. Had he tried the trigger at the store he would have left it there. Take it to a buy-back and use the money for a down payment on something/anything better. Yours being broken speaks volumes.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Sell it to Numrich for parts or take it to a buyback, whichever pays more.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did a quick search and found this website --> Jack Squat's Flat Spot - Jack Squat's*Flat*Spot
(Look at the list on the left side on that page, they also carry side plates for other types of those Cobray kit guns.)

On that page it reads;
"NOTE - The derringer parts kits (barrel, trigger, grips shown below) are sold by a company called Excalibur for $35.00. They do not have a website. Orders have to be phoned in at 800-642-1600. I have attached a PDF of their catalog below as well as instructions on assembling your derringer."

The link for Excalibur's PDF Catalog --> http://www.theflatspot.net/uploads/6/9/0/0/6900641/excalibur_catalog.pdf
Holy crow! what search engine do you have lol. I looked for years (not continuously) and never came across those sites! Thanks! I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Thank you

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I agree Bill the 9mm Cobrays M-10/11s had bad triggers. Just mine is not the M series its the derringer.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Holy crow! what search engine do you have lol. I looked for years (not continuously) and never came across those sites! Thanks! I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Thank you
Your welcome and I'm glad I could help. I've been using MetaCrawler before there was cable access. I don't like Google or Yahoo but then I'm not one who likes change. I use an out dated flip cell phone but it does all I want, stores phone numbers and makes calls. I wouldn't take a smart phone or Blackberry if you gave it to me and I hate texting. Guess I'm just getting old and grumpy LoL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts