New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CNN in this articles wording to me really belittles Chris Kyle saying things like he was " the self proclaimed" most lethal sniper... below is the email I sent the editors... I hate this rag...

Palin urges Obama to express condolences for slain ex-Navy SEAL - CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I urge the writer of this article learn the facts before printing it...

If any of you read Chris Kyles best selling book you would know a few more things about him

1. He does not proclaim or boast about his kills. all famous snipers whether they like it or not have their "kill #" next to their name..
2. His # of kills only reflects confirmed. this means kills witnessed by someone else its actually more around 250. SEAL snipers work alone rather then in pairs like army/marines..
3. Every single kill there is an after action report filled out for legal reasons. This is how the kill # got out, not by Chris Kyles self proclamation.

Do not disrespect a man who saved 1000s of American soldiers and indigenous population by being a highly trained precision weapon, that our tax dollars paid to turn him into...

This man personally struck fear into our enemies and saved 1000s of lives... I suggest you read his Best selling book and learn about the man before you bash him...

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
If they knew anything about the guy he didn't "proclaim" to be anything. Do they think he just gave himself that title out of the blue?

"with more than 150 sniper killings in Iraq,"

That is worded terribly. "Sniper killings"? Really?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah, that's for sure. I also left out that throughout his book he kept saying how it was luck the amount of targets would appear in his scope. The sniper on shift before him wouldn't see one and Chris would come on and within minutes targets would appear... He kept saying it was pure luck... we all know the long shots were pure skill but he never said that... he always said they were pure luck. The record shots were all witnessed and no made up BS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts