New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing that main stream news such as CNN is now deemed by a majority of TV viewers as nothing but a government mouth piece pushing anti rights propaganda by way of fear mongering, the real issues we have in the USA is one of News extremism pushing government extremism. Long gone are the day of Murrow where news represented the interests of the public and transparency.

It is no surprise that corporate news the cheerleaders of all that is government to protect government has had record lows in ratings and credibility while the level of propaganda rises. It is not difficult for anyone with insight to see that no matter which news channel they choose, the news is scripted almost word for word coming from single news sources that are allegedly *trusted* and *reliable*. There is but one truth when it comes to main stream media. The bigger the lie, the easier it is for fools to believe it.

The theatre of opinionated dialogue many times are supported by blue or green screen sets like a hollywood stage creating the illusion of a reality that is but their own and special interests. Just like government media bombards the public in the illusions of left vs right, and the establishment vs *fringe kooks* and conspiracy theorists whenever anyone questions anything deeper than the superficial headlines that are devoid of any critical investigative reporting.

But there is real news nonetheless. People are waking up and looking for real answers, while the media keeps losing credibility, ratings, and their false empire of manipulation keeps diminishing.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This has been going on since Sandy Hook; the Times and CNN are the worst offenders in my book, but they're all pretty bad. Glorifying school shootings as martyrs to take away our 'evil' guns. None of their articles read like objective news anymore, they sound like opinion columns. Actual journalism doesn't involve putting your opinion in or telling an anecdotal story about how 'this one time, my ____ and I..." Journalistic integrity is just another casualty in this country. News outlets are just another way to push an agenda.

We truly are bringing back the days of yellow journalism.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
There are few large, generally good journalistic sources left. MSNBC is probably the worst offender, essentially a free mouth-piece for the left. Fox news can faithfully be depended on to give free talking points for the right. I think NPR is one of the better sources out there. They still seem to employ real journalists. Confirmation bias is a massive problem. People go to whichever news source affirms their views, which allows them to not have to bother changing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts