New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my boy to the CMP North Store in the morning. I hope he has a blast there. I really liked the CMP South store, I hope it is set up similar . I amhoping he takes to firearms like I did, the competitions and the social aspects of the shooting sports as well as the history of the need for an Armed Population. Well they open up at 830 am so we will be up early.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish we were shooting competitions but we are only going to the store. Maybe next year for the competitions. We have a paintball tournament in Chicago which is the reason for us being out this way.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the boy found a Springfield Garand that he couldn't part with so looks like we will be getting into Service Rifle Matches soon.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah they were really nice people. My kid walked around picking up looking at tags and picking up rifles. he seemed to be really impressed with the store. Eventually he settles on a CMP Special with the receiver made in 12/53, nice wood and 1, 2 barrel.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my kid's Garand arrived yesterday! So naturally we had to go shooting today. We also shot some other military era type rifles (M1A, Ar-15s). We shot from 1- 5 today and ende up shooting 60 rounds of .30-06, 60 rounds of .308 and 200 rounds of .223, at the end of the day we finished up with the AR-15 after shooting 3 clips each in a row through the Garands. When my kid shot the AR 15 he says "these things feel like a cap gun compared to the Garand". What a great day of shooting, I am going to have a bruise the size of texas in the morning.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well thats a good kind f hurt.... I know what you are saying as I had to qualify last week and went through 50 rounds of 00 buck and slugs in about 15 minutes time....

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds like a whole lot of ouch. My boy is 19 y/o, 6'4" 240 pounds and he said man am I going to be hurting tomorrow. lol

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picture of the gun or the CMP store? I do not post pictures of my weapons.

CMP Stores

Here is the link to the store. My boy picked out a CMP special. He walked around the store for about an hour before selecting the one we bought. The north store restocks their shelves everyday after closing. The south store only restocks on Tuesdays. I would recommend going to the store on a Wednesday (first day of the week they are open) to get the best pick if you are going to the south store. The north store doesn't really matter what day you go as long as it is not Sun- Tue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts