New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim was kind enough to provide the following list of places around Monroe County that offer Trap/Skeet/Clay shooting:

- Rochester Brooks (Rush)
- Outlet Rod and Gun (Penfield)
- Four Point Rod and Gun (Chili)
- Holley Rod and Gun
- Ontario Rod and Gun
- Brockport Conservation Club
- Canandaigua Sportsmans Club

I am interested in casual clay shooting maybe once a month or so. I'd appreciate anyone's experiences or recommendations! Thanks.

· I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Outlet in Penfield let me host my bachelor party there in June. Cool guys and a nice club. Membership is around $75, with a $10 fee your first year. I will likely join there soon.

You probably can't find a cheaper place to drink, either.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outlet in Penfield let me host my bachelor party there in June. Cool guys and a nice club. Membership is around $75, with a $10 fee your first year. I will likely join there soon.

You probably can't find a cheaper place to drink, either.
So how does it work. Just show up and shoot? Or do you have to register? Certain times when you can shoot or any time? The site has a price for non-members, so I assume membership is optional?

1,336 Posts
So how does it work. Just show up and shoot? Or do you have to register? Certain times when you can shoot or any time? The site has a price for non-members, so I assume membership is optional?
I don't think you have to reserve a certain time to shoot - just show up, pay the fee, and shoot. If the fields are full you probably just have to wait until they're done, but I've been there twice now on perfect weather days and it was never packed.

· Registered
44 Posts
I'm a member at Brooks and love it. As far as I know you have to be a member there to shoot skeet/trap. However, you can be brought in as a guest by someone who is a member. I think it's $6 for non members and $3.50 for members, per round. The skeet fields are really top notch!

· Registered
120 Posts
Outlet lets non-members shoot. Show up and pay $7 per round. I think it's $4 per round for a member.
The first time you shoot, you pay the member fees per round ($4) after that, you can either join and continue paying that fee or pay $7 per round. Many good shooters there that are willing to show you around and give you advice for the love of the game. Hope to see you there. If you do decide to go, ask for me and I'll show you around.

Dess

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The first time you shoot, you pay the member fees per round ($4) after that, you can either join and continue paying that fee or pay $7 per round. Many good shooters there that are willing to show you around and give you advice for the love of the game. Hope to see you there. If you do decide to go, ask for me and I'll show you around.

Dess
Were you around last Saturday between 11am and about 2pm? We were there at that time.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Yes i was. I was there until 12 -1 or so. Did you have fun?
Yeah, we always do. My friend introduced me to the place a couple years ago. We go over once or twice a summer to shoot a couple rounds. A few weeks ago we went to a bachelor party there (it was actually for Ragnar Danjeskold on here) and decided to go back last saturday to shoot a couple of rounds. You saw me if you saw someone shooting a mossberg 930SPX. I get dirty looks when I shoot skeet with it :)

· Registered
120 Posts
I think one of the guys told me about you. You were shooting on field 4. As far as a gun, shoot what you have at first. I have several O/U but once in a while shoot my 18" HD Semi. Only when it is not during competition time of the year. I love shooting any game and with many guns. At Outlet I shoot mostly Skeet but there are trap leagues going on now so I am shooting those as well.

1,336 Posts
I spent a lot of time at the bar with Curt that night. He's pretty entertaining. Craig K is a hell of a guy and was there helping us as well. We had a couple new shooters and the members let them use their guns. They even helped them with safety and operation of them.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm definitely going to stop by soon. This weekend I'm taking a RPD class, and can't get away with shooting BOTH days, but maybe in a week or two. As for gun choice, the last time (which was my first time) I shot, I used my 18" 870. But there is a Citori in my very near future, so I'll wait till I have that to show up at a respectable range and not just my buddy's back yard.

Thanks for the info guys, Outlet sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, and is close too.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I think one of the guys told me about you. You were shooting on field 4. As far as a gun, shoot what you have at first. I have several O/U but once in a while shoot my 18" HD Semi. Only when it is not during competition time of the year. I love shooting any game and with many guns. At Outlet I shoot mostly Skeet but there are trap leagues going on now so I am shooting those as well.
I shoot skeet about 2 times a year so I'm not going to buy a new gun for it. I have just as much fun hitting 18 clays with the gun I have with good friends.

1,336 Posts
ScotchMan - did you end up joining Outlet? I think my buddy Brad and I are going to join tomorrow. We shot there today and had a great time. As always, the guys were very helpful.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Have to start bringing the china dishes and paint them orange so we can solidify score. lol !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.