New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
What caliber? There usually a point blank zero that’s is much closer. I have a .308 and if I zero for 26 years if hits at 150. You’ll only be off by a an inch or so for most rifle cartridges. If there is a range clsoer to you that can take a rifle cartridge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.223 and in a few months, .308. The way my grandpa taught me to zero was first at 25 then again at 100 but its been 20 years since those lessons so I might take your suggestion and find something shorter but closer.

Big issue is ranges in NYC that allow rifle calibers will only allow you to shoot with frangible and I assumed that zeroing with frangible wasn't/isn't the right thing to do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range at the Mitchell Field Sporting Complex.
I remember from the early 80’s going with my family and friends to sight in our hunting rifles. The range was packed the entire time before opening day. At 25 yards I would have dead center hits. I would hit deer under 175 yards away. Definitely bore sight your rifle first so you are on target and make the adjustments to bring you to the center of the target.
For hunting upstate, in the Catskills is usually under 75 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts