New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a close call at gander mtn today while looking at pistols, I am so used to getting denied and tired of dejection I neglected to ask for 22lr ,
Thankfully somebody came in and asked and I overheard the answer and SCORE!!!!!!!
100 rd cci mini mags for $7.99 , limit 1 per customer
thankfully I had someone with me who doesn't need 22 so I scored 2 boxes!!!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I have walked away from them at that price. No way I'm paying that much.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I refuse to pay for over priced ammo, especially .22lr.. if everyone just said "screw it, i wont shoot .22 til they prices come back down" then in a few months the prices WOULD start to come back down.. i wont stock up until prices are $.05/per round or lower.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I'm not so sure that we'll ever routinely see decent prices ever again. Too many new shooters in the game (a good thing for most reasons of course) buying too much ammo. They came into the game during this period, so keeping large stashes of ammo will be the norm for them. Even those of us who have been shooting for years who didn't keep much on hand. Most of my life I was able to walk into a store and get whatever I needed for a range day, a hunt, etc, that very day. Now I need to keep a stock on hand because picking up what I need on a moments notice is a thing of the past.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I only want CCI for my 22 conversion kits. Just paid 50 bucks a brick for 3000 CCI Mini Mag and could not be happier To have it in hand!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Every single store has put pretty severe limits on 22lr... 100 rounds is usually max as most places (atleast around me) they dont even carry the large bulk boxes anymore. I havent seen anything other than 50 and 100rd boxes at BPS for almost a year now. But then again those limits allow me to show up on a sat morning at like 11am (delivery is thursday night) and still be able to pick up a 100rds. Before everything was gone within the first hour of the store being open.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I would pay $40 a brick for cci standard. That is my limit.
CCI Standard VELO were $39 for 500 rounds long before they went missing. (its my Favorite Bullseye round)
CCI Mini Mags have been $7.99 - $9.99 well before the ammo stupidity.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I picked up 3 boxes (limit) of winchester 333 for like $56 at Wal-Mart a month or two ago.

ETA: Vestal Town Square Mall

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up 3 boxes (limit) of winchester 333 for like $56 at Wal-Mart a month or two ago.

ETA: Vestal Town Square Mall
What day and time were you there? I went in one Friday morning in March before 7am and there were 3 other guys waiting with me. The worker in sporting goods knew them all by name. Got 3 boxes Remington 225pcs for around $32. Haven't seen any there on the shelf in months.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What day and time were you there? I went in one Friday morning in March before 7am and there were 3 other guys waiting with me. The worker in sporting goods knew them all by name. Got 3 boxes Remington 225pcs for around $32. Haven't seen any there on the shelf in months.
Can't quite remember but it was an early Sunday morning around 7am so probably not me. I happened to hear that they usually get some ammo in on Sundays so I decided to see what I could find. Went a couple weeks in a row and got lucky. I'm not trying to go all the time and stock up but I did want to have some to play around with. Might check there again in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I pay more for ammo anyways because my justification is that the value of the dollar has dropped dramatically, so its technically still a good deal.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Gander is offering a 1600 can of CCI mini-mags fro $139.00. Maybe .22 ammo is loosing up!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Before everything went nuts, I remember ordering CCI SV by the (5000rd) case from Champion's Choice and getting it delivered for $260. That's $26 per brick which was a great price. The last time I ordered a case at that price was during the summer of 2012, and I wish I had ordered several. But I didn't need more than that at the time. Walmart would sell those 100 round Mini-Mag plastic boxes for $7.49 each, and I also managed to snag a 1600 round can of CCI Mini-Mags from Walmart for $99. Mini-Mags at Gander for $7.99 is a good price - and was still a good price two years ago. I would not call this over priced ammo.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
CCI Standard VELO were $39 for 500 rounds long before they went missing. (its my Favorite Bullseye round)
CCI Mini Mags have been $7.99 - $9.99 well before the ammo stupidity.
You were getting ripped off. Losies in Oneonta was charging 28$ a brick for cci standard even during the panic until it just stopped arriving.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts