New York Firearms Forum banner

clinical doh paperwork in albany

984 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Cory0327 
#1 ·
This may be a dumb question, but I submitted all of my paperwork about a week after my buddy did, his clinical came back from Albany 3 weeks ago, and the permit bureau is still waiting on mine...... What gives?

#3 ·
It's the part they send to the department of health (doh) to make sure you don't have a history of mental illness, or that you've never been admitted to a mental health facility. I'm just wondering why its taking so long. I just wanna get out to the range before there's a foot of snow :(

#5 ·
Winter shooting is the best! The gunshots are louder, plus seeing the snow explode with each shot is fun. :)

#6 · (Edited)
When you submitted your paperwork and when the paperwork was sent to Albany don't necessarily have any correlation. When I spoke to Central Files in Albany regarding mine, they said that some counties send them in "bundles", so to speak, so there's no real way to say that they got your request a week after your buddy's, depending on how Warren County does it.

#8 ·
hey sig, i actually made a thread on that recently without realizing you had one. i had the same happen to me my cousin and i
dropped the paperwork off within minutes of each other he received an on the spot interview appointment and im still waiting due to my doh paperwork not being back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.