New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS at my pistol range yesterday and talking about NYC premise permits. I have a fella who thought the hunting endorsement card was the little green card they send after a renewal with some of the rules posted. he thinks according to the little green card you can take pistol out of 5 boroughs as it says you may take the pistol to a range or hunting afield, it doesnt say 5 boroughs only on it. I informed him that is not a hunting auth card, also you cant leave the 5 boroughs with the pistol as title 38 is the lawsuit pending, and 3rd if you want to hunt in NY state and you dont have a hunting auth card, you need to go to 1pp and show them you took the hunting class and have a valid NYS hunting lic and then they give you a hunting auth card. If Im wrong,someone please tell me. The little green card stapled to the renewals is nothing more than scrap paper. Also years ago, all you needed to do was ask for a hunting auth card and they gave it to you, thats what I did years ago, but the rules have changed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When you get your permit for the 1st time, you ask for a HAC. Now they make you show your Hunter Safety card OR a previous / current NYS hunting license. You can also ask for one when you register a new pistol, or just drop in and ask for one provided you can show your license + pistol permit. Several people here have commented that they have a few spares JIC. It's green card stock, with your name/address & embossed with a city seal w/ the rules on the back side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts