New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think we need to adjust our way of think on 2nd Amendment laws after the Bruen decision. This ruling did much more that strike down proper cause but changed the standard of scrutiny in which new and existing laws will be judged. This place a huge burden on states to show that the new law meets the standard of text as informed by history and tradition. It requires evidence that the new law will serve a compelling government interest. Much of what is in this new legislation does neither and any state or federal judge with an ounce of intellectual honest would have to strike it down or lose any degree of credibility. In addition, given this new level of scrutiny, I seriously doubt provisions of the SAFE Act will hold up. AR-15 and other similar firearms are used by tens of millions of people for lawful purposes. There is no evidence that banning them serves a compelling government interest. I'm expecting at some point that law is going to be challenged and struck down in light of Bruen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts