New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should start a class-action lawsuit because it is my understanding that they can not add sensitive places that are not already on the listed prior to the SCOTUS decision . please correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
17 Posts
We should start a class-action lawsuit because it is my understanding that they can not add sensitive places that are not already on the listed prior to the SCOTUS decision . please correct me if i am wrong
You are correct! Thomas said only those places historically deemed sensitive and restricted. Very hard for me to understand how they don't read this and understand it. The only thing that makes sense is that it's so far from their reality of what they feel is right and they are so emotionally worked up and so fanatical, that they are infuriated and they are going to see what they can get away with. Thomas is very clear about what they can and can't do. They need objective evidence in evaluating whether or not a person is eligible to obtain a license. The criteria are what the shall issue states use NOT the gang of anti constitutional may issue states use, but no they are digging their heels in deeper. Hochel is showing that she is the most fanatical brain dead pyscho governor in the US. I know Republicans will vote for Zeldin, but you democrats who have CC licenses and carry, need to step up and help us rid the state of leftist fanaticism and vote Zeldin in November to restore sanity. A one party system like in NY and Ca has no checks and balances and allows the uncheck majority party over time to get more extreme and abusive of people's rights leading to an eroding of democracy. A democracy needs diversity of opinions to keep the growing radicalism in check!

·
Registered
17 Posts
First of all the NYSRPA dropped the ball on the Unsafe act and we are still burdened with it because the couldn't get their act together to bring a lawsuit against it. I'm not impressed with the NYSRPA. Being careful to craft a petition which can also be applicable for appeals is all well and good, but Clarence Thomas has already instructed the lower fed courts to change their ruling on a magazine ban case based on a SCOTUS ruling. They could do the same on NY's onerous new CC licensing standards based on their ruling on the Bruen case. They don't have to even hear an appeal, they can instruct the lower courts to reverse their rulings if Federal activist leftist judges side with NY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First of all the NYSRPA dropped the ball on the Unsafe act and we are still burdened with it because the couldn't get their act together to bring a lawsuit against it. I'm not impressed with the NYSRPA. Being careful to craft a petition which can also be applicable for appeals is all well and good, but Clarence Thomas has already instructed the lower fed courts to change their ruling on a magazine ban case based on a SCOTUS ruling. They could do the same on NY's onerous new CC licensing standards based on their ruling on the Bruen case. They don't have to even hear an appeal, they can instruct the lower courts to reverse their rulings if Federal activist leftist judges side with NY.
The NRA should be stepping up. It infuriates me, to always hear they are never around the NY capital hallways. As far as the Unsafe Act, plenty so called 2A supporters in the capital put the screws to us as well. We shall see, if the lower court goes against the SCOTUS ruling. I certainly, hope this doesn’t get dragged out, a emergency hearing should certainly be in order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The NRA should be stepping up. It infuriates me, to always hear they are never around the NY capital hallways. As far as the Unsafe Act, plenty so called 2A supporters in the capital put the screws to us as well. We shall see, if the lower court goes against the SCOTUS ruling. I certainly, hope this doesn’t get dragged out, a emergency hearing should certainly be in order.
Exactly!!! I heard Tom King wouldn't work with any other group and so everyone abandoned NY and we got hung out to dry. Yep, we def got screwed. In some 10 round mag ban case, I think it was CA, the lower court, of course, went against SCOTUS and Thomas ordered them to change their ruling. I and a number of others have to recertify our CC license this December, hopefully we can get this absurd new law voided before then OR are we gonna have to go through this new leftist psychological fitness evaluation?!?!?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
this new leftist psychological fitness evaluation?!?!?!
The same standard should be applied to these politicians before they can hold elected position, along with being removed from their position, for failure to uphold the U.S. Constitution. If they don’t like what you have to say, on any of the social media platforms, you can be denied a renewal. And all this is on a county level issuing authority basis. Counties, are already scraping by, let alone add paid fancy fact checkers. I bet the psychologist must be paid for by the applicant. Can’t see how this will even be enforce, given the amount of people with active license.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It sounds counter intuitive, but, why not take a page from the lefties and say, have 50 of us shut down a major artery to say, the gov mansion in albany? The left does this shit all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The same standard should be applied to these politicians before they can hold elected position, along with being removed from their position, for failure to uphold the U.S. Constitution. If they don’t like what you have to say, on any of the social media platforms, you can be denied a renewal. And all this is on a county level issuing authority basis. Counties, are already scraping by, let alone add paid fancy fact checkers. I bet the psychologist must be paid for by the applicant. Can’t see how this will even be enforce, given the amount of people with active license.
This law is such a nasty unconstitutional piece of garbage that it is beyond comprehension except that it truly is a reflection of how twisted, hateful and out of touch with reality those on the left are. These clowns swear to uphold the constitution but leftists hate the constitution and ignore it. Being such a subjective process of evaluation as opposed to Justice Thomas' articulation that the process has to be objective, the law will never hold up to SCOTUS scrutiny. It's just that we have to go through the process and endure the uncertainty in the meanwhile. Living in NY since the UNSAFE Act and especially in the past month, I feel as if I do not live in the US anymore but in some repressive communist totalitarian country run by fanatical Marxists.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This law is such a nasty unconstitutional piece of garbage that it is beyond comprehension except that it truly is a reflection of how twisted, hateful and out of touch with reality those on the left are. These clowns swear to uphold the constitution but leftists hate the constitution and ignore it. Being such a subjective process of evaluation as opposed to Justice Thomas' articulation that the process has to be objective, the law will never hold up to SCOTUS scrutiny. It's just that we have to go through the process and endure the uncertainty in the meanwhile. Living in NY since the UNSAFE Act and especially in the past month, I feel as if I do not live in the US anymore but in some repressive communist totalitarian country run by fanatical Marxists.
Make no mistake, the Left HATES conservatives. They hate you; they hate me, they hate anyone who does not go along willingly with their authoritarian world domination agenda.

They are vile and disgusting, willing to run a man out of a restaurant, protest for weeks outside his home, nothing is beneath them.

Act accordingly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The answer is the law won't hold up, but the question is how to overturn it? Can we file a suit now or do we have to wait for someone to get arrested under the new law and have his permit pulled.... ouch!!! As we have been discussing above, they are such vile, nasty, hateful obsessive fanatics who see themselves in some kind of warring crusade to use the power of the state against scary, evil people, the mentally unstable, and white supremacist psychos (namely us), that are they then just gonna tweak the law a bit and then we'll have to hit them again and again for years?!?!?! These people are fanatics who will never give up. It's in their blood. I've been talking to an insider political strategist who is working with Zeldin and the problem we face is that the number of these deluded psychos in NYC alone is far greater than all the Republicans in NYS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, the answer is to work tirelessly to get people out to vote. I agree the only way to make it better is to remove them all from office but your insider "stats" are not truly representative of the possibilities. In the 2018 election Cuomo won only 15 of the 62 counties. The NYC voting block aside, Ulster, Rockland, Onandaga, Nassau, Suffolk, even Erie and the others outside NYC were all relatively close, they are winnable. The answer is to try. If it doesn't work this time, try harder. The defeatists are weak minded. Fleeing NY isn't the answer,

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not a defeatist, just a realist! First of all, Hochel doesn't inspire the left, so if there ever was a time to try, now is the time. However my stats make yours meaningless on a good day. Let's hope they have a listless day. If the loony NYC leftists don't turn out, we have a chance. Just saying that that's the odds. The NYC of Giuliani doesn't exist anymore, unless enough people tire of protecting criminals and drug addicts and the tidal rise of the homeless disgust enough of the quasi liberals.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm not a defeatist, just a realist! First of all, Hochel doesn't inspire the left, so if there ever was a time to try, now is the time. However my stats make yours meaningless on a good day. Let's hope they have a listless day. If the loony NYC leftists don't turn out, we have a chance. Just saying that that's the odds. The NYC of Giuliani doesn't exist anymore, unless enough people tire of protecting criminals and drug addicts and the tidal rise of the homeless disgust enough of the quasi liberals.
This is what I've been saying for months though, she doesn't Have to inspire the lefties, that's why she's Rubber Stamp Kathy, they don't like her, she's not an insider, but she's 100% reliable with the Rubber Stamp. A useful tool. They will prop her up, that's 100% guaranteed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts