1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Does it come with a free brown shirt?

·
Registered
489 Posts
They like to see who signs up. If you're interested in preparedness, then you're probably an evil patriot and need to be "watched". Signing up seems to be a good way to make it on someone's naughty list.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
No but I heard they give you a bottle of water and a blanket and pretty much tell you you're on your own when things go bad.
you're on your own when things go bad (FINE WITH ME!)

BUT you can't defend yourself OR own a reasonable defensive firearm OR secure a reasonable amount of supplies. If you do you're an extremist.

Your only legal solution when this fragile little system we have goes down, is to die.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They like to see who signs up. If you're interested in preparedness, then you're probably an evil patriot and need to be "watched". Signing up seems to be a good way to make it on someone's naughty list.
Definitely be on someone's watch list. I see it as like those Prepper shows on TV, who in their right mind would want to be on one of those ?? Although some of those guys surely have a few screws loose. All they are doing as advertising themselves to Uncle Sam & Associates.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
No but I heard they give you a bottle of water and a blanket and pretty much tell you you're on your own when things go bad.
Throw in a tube of KY.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Cuomo personally and his staff should offer said course on ebola effected Liberia with no protective gear and Cuomo helping them directly. It would do wonders for his PR campaign. The world can use more of his helping hand. He went to Israel...why not Liberia?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Definitely be on someone's watch list. I see it as like those Prepper shows on TV, who in their right mind would want to be on one of those ?? Although some of those guys surely have a few screws loose. All they are doing as advertising themselves to Uncle Sam & Associates.
And totaly doin the opposite of what youd want to do with letting nobody know the capacity of your preps and even the vicinity of where you are..specially for what..the majority of the time they get shanty scores from the evaluation peeps, so its all for naught and double naught! Cause you know a friends friend of a friend says i saw you on TV and they tell more and more til a majority of unknown people know exactly where you live and what youve got!?
Ps. Just spent bout half my rainy saturday binge watching them on netballs.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Especially when they cross reference that list with the upcoming ammo registry. "Preparedness and 5.56x45mm ammo?! lock him up and throw away the key!"

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And totaly doin the opposite of what youd want to do with letting nobody know the capacity of your preps and even the vicinity of where you are..specially for what..the majority of the time they get shanty scores from the evaluation peeps, so its all for naught and double naught! Cause you know a friends friend of a friend says i saw you on TV and they tell more and more til a majority of unknown people know exactly where you live and what youve got!?
Ps. Just spent bout half my rainy saturday binge watching them on netballs.
Exactly, I watch it too once in a while thinking they just gave their location away to somebody. Peoples gotta brag ya know lol. Seen some pretty good ideas though. Problem is much of the ideas I like take money, I have lots of time but no money :D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Exactly, I watch it too once in a while thinking they just gave their location away to somebody. Peoples gotta brag ya know lol. Seen some pretty good ideas though. Problem is much of the ideas I like take money, I have lots of time but no money :D
Yea like the guy who busted his arse building a bunker under the slab in his garage (Probably not the best choice anyway). Said he did it little at a time so his neighbors didn't know...Then goes on national TV and tells the world :wacko:

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Your only legal solution when this fragile little system we have goes down, is to die.
and thats what they want. The world is over populated and getting worse. They want to depopulate, and they do not want any free thinkers, patriots, gun owners, or anyone except the uber rich, and the sheep. This way they can have their utopia, and ride unicorns over rainbows.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
A friend of mine signed up for that and went to a class, got a backpack full of stuff from our tax dollars. I figure I'm on enough lists, I'll stay off that one. (they check IDs).

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Probably can learn the same thing that class will teach with a google search for survival gear and a few episodes of survivorman...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Attended...

A friend of mine signed up for that and went to a class, got a backpack full of stuff from our tax dollars. I figure I'm on enough lists, I'll stay off that one. (they check IDs).
I attended one of these seminars. Do I end up on a list somewhere? Probably. Will this work the way the government wants? Well, like most things the government does - NO, this will not work. In a room filled with perhaps 400 or so attendees, I dont know if they were hitting the target audience.

I do not want to throw out stereotypes, but a lot of older (quite older) folks, and a majority of them ladies. Most of the guys were either disguising themselves, because they looked like Mr Rogers - or they truly were the type the government considers somewhat non-threatening.

The course, by the way, was likely not anything that folks here dont already know, as it relates to storing water, having batteries, etc etc They also suggested checking on neighbors when possible and practical. It really catered to the folks who have never thought about this before. Information was very basic. The pack was decent (it is an inexpensive school backpack sorta thing), with a basic starter kit included. Nothing uber fancy, probably something that would go for 50 bucks on Amazon.

Oh, thank you all for chipping in to the cost of it!

·
Registered
101 Posts
They can pull your financial data anyway and see your past purchases, and set up enough flags on that data to add you to a list.

I am not sure of the intention of this course, if they wanted to know if you are a "prepper" they already have that data (thanks NSA). And I am sure they are intelligent enough to know that anyone that IS a "prepper", will not be attending these seminars. Tracking websites visited, expenses, etc, they can figure it out with ease. Unless you are doing FTF cash transfers for everything, in which your on a list if you are using a bank to withdraw the money.

You are already being watched. We all are.

I think it is just a way for FUAC to say "Look what I did for NY! This is so we don't have another disaster in NYC!"

My .02 anyway.

*removes tinfoil hat*

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I worked at one of these events, where cuomo showed up to speak. I was basically a prop in uniform. We were "security" but I think there was enough State Police there to deal with that.

It was a crock of ****. We gave out little backpacks with "prepardness" items you could commonly find around your house anyway. They told people to buy some extra canned food. It was pretty pathetic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts