New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in the local WalMart yesterday. Ammo case is completely empty. Only ammo was some shotgun ammo - not in the case but back out on the shelf with the shooting accessories where it used to be.

Now down the road at Gander Mountain, so long as you weren't looking for .22LR, they had tons of everything else - so it's not like the ammo shortage is still continuing like it was earlier this year.

Is WalMart getting out of the ammo business here in NY?

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Did you compare the prices between the 2. Gander is selling at almost twice the price as Walmart. When Walmart gets something it sells right away. Gander on the other hand is charging so much nothing is moving off the shelves.
I've been to your Gander, Rochester and Watertown and they are all the same.
White box of 100 rnd .45s - $65. Walmart's is 34
Federal (I think) 150 rnds 5.56 - $129. Walmart 69
Federal 50 rnds of 9mm - 20. Walmart 13.50

And these are just the ones I'm looking for so I don't knows know about other stuff

· Registered
21 Posts
If Walmarts warehouse is empty dont expect there shelves stocking up anytime soon.Don't think the guy was lying to me,but dont know why they wouldn't be getting shipments in and others are.
I was there wednesday before holloween and that case was full,when i was there last night the case was completely empty not even the high end bb guns or muzzle loaders were there, no way they sold and stock guy had no explanation when i asked weird...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.