New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd just like to ask..why?

And, if i was to cary OC, im carrying a bear canister that will fog the shit out of the place, and not some sily little stream which will require me to futz around with aiming..and such..I want to fog the ass out of anywhere i point it..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’ve known of problems with these. I’d suggest before you consider carrying pepper spray that you educate yourself on the restrictions. Misdemeanor charges are listed all over he web for possession across NY. Local county ordinances may not allow legal possession - check with your local NYSP. If allowed the size container, %active ingredient, and if it’s for bear or human are factors. According to the NYS Dept of Health who actually regulates it - it must be purchased in the county where you live. Forget mail order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was more interested in getting a pepper ball gun like the Byrna or simular. Also for home defense as well. While I don't have an issue using an actual firearm on a bad guy breaking into my home, I'm more worried about the after effects. NY as we know is a communist state with no Castle Doctrine, and a pro criminal government.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like you, Happy Friar, I have carried pepper spray for work, though it was long ago. Back in the 1980s, in Michigan, I worked as a meter reader for a couple of years. We all carried cans of pepper spray in case of aggressive dogs, and it seriously saved my ass a couple of times. I think we got it by mail order. But that was there and then....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And uh-oh, multical, sounds like I really do need to do more research on this. I was in Albany for work last week, stopped in a gun shop while I was there, and picked up a keychain sized (the only one they had there) Sabre brand spray. Had to complete a form as part of the purchase. Wonder if I've made a dumb move. Also, I was thinking of giving that spray to my young adult daughter, who frequently goes hiking alone and I worry for her safety. But if having the spray is going to put her in legal jeopardy then that wouldn't be good either.

Why does everything have to be so freaking complicated!?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks to me like there's no issue with my having bought it outside of my home county. But I'm still concerned about where you may be restricted from carrying it. Multical mentioned checking with local NYSP, which sounds like a good idea....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts