New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
He should lose his permit for lack of good judgement. Well atleast I bet that would happen if anyone else lost their pistol by leaving it on top of their car.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
"It didn't appear to be damaged" .....Those Glocks sure are tough! Everyone makes mistakes, but this is one that should have repercussions. Glad some kid or criminal didn't find it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Wow....so you guys have never left something somewhere it didn't belong? I know you say "It's a firearm! it's too important to leave behind" But, it's something this guy carries everyday...like keys or a pen or....and as such it becomes less "special" to him thus easier to do something like this.

We're all human and can make the same mistakes. I hope when you make one that someone has more grace towards you than some show on here towards this guy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow....so you guys have never left something somewhere it didn't belong? I know you say "It's a firearm! it's too important to leave behind" But, it's something this guy carries everyday...like keys or a pen or....and as such it becomes less "special" to him thus easier to do something like this.

We're all human and can make the same mistakes. I hope when you make one that someone has more grace towards you than some show on here towards this guy.
Well, yes and no. Isn't it suppose to be that a handgun you carry on you isn't just any ordinary object? You have to be able to mentally account for it at all times and handle it with specific care? That might mean not placing it on top of your car hood, even if that is the quickest, easiest way to get yourself ready for work. That said, I agree people don't need to dump on him, rather, we should take away from this a lesson about how what would be innocent actions with ordinary objects may have risks when you do them absent-mindedly with a gun.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

As is the norm here, one mistake and strip his rights!

"Something bad COULD have happened."

You COULD also forget your keys in your car (though I know that never happens) and that car COULD be used in a drive-by. Strip driving privileges!

The only thing I do agree with though is that if it was a peon like us then he probably WOULD have had his permit affected in some way and that is a terrible idea.

·
Registered
948 Posts
All is well that ends well...I don't see the big problem. There was a Seattle police officer that one up'd that one...she left a full auto, loaded, select fire, M4 on the roof of her patrol car. She was a good driver, made it all the way to Starbucks without it sliding off. Unfortunately, a news crew were the one's that saw it, and informed her,,,,after they filmed it riding merrily along omn her roof.

·
Registered
859 Posts
He should lose his permit for lack of good judgement. Well atleast I bet that would happen if anyone else lost their pistol by leaving it on top of their car.
Na. NYSP wont even report an FFL holder who lost a pistol and was then turned in to them.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts

I completely agree with you.

HOWEVER if the state is going to use a stupid mistake against me to strip me of my rights then I expect a state or local government employee to be stripped of his/her when they make the same mistake. I am just about fairness so thats why I feel he should lose his ability to carry a pistol because he is not responsible enough to ensure it stays out of the wrong hands.

·
Registered
242 Posts

It happens and not the first and won't be the last.......

My platoon Sgt lost his M-16 on the desert of Yakima firing range which is a huge piece of land , we found it after a long search, then there was a Huey pilot that dropped a .38 revolver out the chopper door , that waas never seen again.........

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
All is well that ends well...I don't see the big problem. There was a Seattle police officer that one up'd that one...she left a full auto, loaded, select fire, M4 on the roof of her patrol car. She was a good driver, made it all the way to Starbucks without it sliding off. Unfortunately, a news crew were the one's that saw it, and informed her,,,,after they filmed it riding merrily along omn her roof.
Close, but the devil is in the details.

A Seattle sergeant unloaded his car at the PD at the end of his shift. He pulled his AR15 (semi only, not auto or select fire) out, placed it on the trunk of the adjacent car, and then got distracted and walked away. Later, the lieutenant got into her car and drove off without realizing that someone had placed an AR on the trunk of her car.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Close, but the devil is in the details.

A Seattle sergeant unloaded his car at the PD at the end of his shift. He pulled his AR15 (semi only, not auto or select fire) out, placed it on the trunk of the adjacent car, and then got distracted and walked away. Later, the lieutenant got into her car and drove off without realizing that someone had placed an AR on the trunk of her car.
Then make sure the details are correct... Assault rifle left unattended on Seattle Police car | KING5.com Seattle King 5 correctly states it is an "Assault RIFLE" (not the dubious assault weapon that means nothing) and was assigned to a (now X) SWAT member That ain't no AR15 my friend. SWAT does not run around with semiautos, at least not around here they don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts