New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago Police Chief Pushes for More Gun Seizures, 3 Year Mandatory Sentence for Carrying a Gun

"Garry McCarthy, Chicago's Police Superintendent, is pretty much as anti-gun as you could be. The chief has long let it be known that he opposed carry by private citizens.

Now, McCarthy is speaking out against guns again.

The chief is bragging about the number of weapons his department has confiscated this year, which numbers more than 6,500."

Quick, get a dictionary. Look up the word "incompetent" to see a picture of Garry McCarthy.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
So of those 6,500 seizures, how many were AFTER a crime was committed with it?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
When he retires I hope circumstances force him to live in Chicago. I also hope he gets rejected for a (any) pistol permit license.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I agree with him. Please go into South Chicago and take away all of their illegal guns. You all know who has them. In reality, he wants to take them from white people who live in the suburbs.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong here but are you not going to be able to Legally carry in Chicago in early 2014? Why the outrage? Are they not going to go through the same process as most of us CCW holders have gone through to obtain our Legal permits? I do not believe there will be a NYC clause where you cannot carry in Chicago unless I missed it. You apply for a permit like all of us have done and you get a legal permit to carry, if you are stupid enough to carry without one you go to jail. How is this different than any place else except for the jail time for illegal gun carries? If you are in NY and get caught you go to jail and basically anywhere else is the same without a legal permit. I am 100% for gun rights but I honestly do not see the total outrage here.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I agree with him. Please go into South Chicago and take away all of their illegal guns. You all know who has them. In reality, he wants to take them from white people who live in the suburbs.
How would the Chicago Police Chief be trying to take guns away from White Suburban people?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I think his intention and target audience is the "Hood" I don think even he is stupid enough not to know where the problem lies there, it's not farmers or people in the suburbs he is targeting. Just my opinion.

The worst thing Chicago ever did was demolish all of the housing projects during the turf/ crack wars. Before the projects were destroyed most violence in the city was limited to those areas. They did not want such a large concentration of crime in one area, so they relocated all of the people and spread out the criminals, in turn starting turf wars all over the city and spread the criminals to all different areas, in turn you didn't have 10 bad areas you now had 50.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

The worst thing Chicago ever did was demolish all of the housing projects during the turf/ crack wars. Before the projects were destroyed most violence in the city was limited to those areas. They did not want such a large concentration of crime in one area, so they relocated all of the people and spread out the criminals, in turn starting turf wars all over the city and spread the criminals to all different areas, in turn you didn't have 10 bad areas you now had 50.
Nope,

The worst thing the US (feds state local govts) ever did was to perpetually fund welfare and create entire societies of welfare dependents.
There is too much redistribution of wealth - ie, too many taxes, and too many benefits - mostly to those who are not paying into the system, and have been stripped of their incentive to work hard.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Nope,

The worst thing the US (feds state local govts) ever did was to perpetually fund welfare and create entire societies of welfare dependents.
There is too much redistribution of wealth - ie, too many taxes, and too many benefits - mostly to those who are not paying into the system, and have been stripped of their incentive to work hard.
This thread was about Chicago not the national entitlement state of the USA. I agree with your point, however if you do some research of what happened to the city of Chicago after they tore down the projects you would see how it affected the whole city and it's crime rate was my point. Chicago was trying to make the city safer by relocating people not to have isolated areas of crime and it backfired as the high crime areas multiplied tenfold. I was trying to stay on the topic of Chicago.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
This thread was about Chicago not the national entitlement state of the USA. I agree with your point, however if you do some research of what happened to the city of Chicago after they tore down the projects you would see how it affected the whole city and it's crime rate was my point. Chicago was trying to make the city safer by relocating people not to have isolated areas of crime and it backfired as the high crime areas multiplied tenfold. I was trying to stay on the topic of Chicago.
Oh I agree completely with you! I meant to say that the problem in Chicago stems from poor local, state and national policy on state supported urban housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts