Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sounding off.

My name is Jake, I'm finishing up my junior year of highschool.
I've been shooting for about 5yrs, and shooting in competition for about a year.

I'm honestly into just about everything from milsurp to the latest and greatest tacticool Ak.

I love my ww2 mausers, that is the largest part of the collection.
After the mausers, come the shotguns and then the AKs.

However, my favorite shooters are my mosins. (polish m44, tula 91/30, finnish M39)
You just can't beat 880rds for about $170 shipped.

But, I'm at a point where my collecting has come to a halt, and its just ammo now.

The reason being is that I'm about to finish up school (one more year) and then where I'm going they give you a rifle.
(Marine Corps)

That came out much longer that I thought it would.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
what type of match was that and where do they hold those

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a pretty good start on a nice collection. I agree on the Mosins, you can sure shoot alot for a pretty good cost!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what type of match was that and where do they hold those
It was a .22 match, held @lipsa on the eastern end of long island.

Lipsa.us

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
It was a .22 match, held @lipsa on the eastern end of long island.

Lipsa.us
is there a shooting organization that does these?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a shooting organization that does these?
Lipsa.us Longisland practical shooters association.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great to see a younger member.
What's the reception you have been getting as a young collector/shooter? Are there any kind of negative comments made at school or by your peers parents since the media likes to play every kid who has access to guns as the next Columbine?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the site! Great to see a younger member.
What's the reception you have been getting as a young collector/shooter? Are there any kind of negative comments made at school or by your peers parents since the media likes to play every kid who has access to guns as the next Columbine?

Not much negative from peers, or even teachers.
I've even had some friends come along to the range.

I have only gotten one negative response, that I can think of.

It was from a student teacher, Iirc she was orignaly from the city, she was dumbfounded that an "assault rifle" was legal.
I wasn't talking to her, but to a friend who I had shot with the day before. She overherd the conversation and felt the need to introduce her opnion. I respectfuly walked away, and that was the end of that.

Believe it or not the response to my wanting to become a Marine has gotten more negative responses than my guns. The usual response is "why? Is it because you can't get into college?" Or " But, you could be killed!!"
Those get a much less friendly response than the comments about my firearms.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts

Not much negative from peers, or even teachers.
I've even had some friends come along to the range.

I have only gotten one negative response, that I can think of.

It was from a student teacher, Iirc she was orignaly from the city, she was dumbfounded that an "assault rifle" was legal.
I wasn't talking to her, but to a friend who I had shot with the day before. She overherd the conversation and felt the need to introduce her opnion. I respectfuly walked away, and that was the end of that.
I like how you handled that. You may be young, but you are wise. Thank you for your future service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.