New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
like how they allowed comments on this page and none of them support Mr. Barry lol

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I thought this was going to be a check to us for NY law reparations. :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
That can't possibly be real, right? The potus is asking the American people to forfeit their gifts to support his campaign??? It looks more like panhandling than campaign funding, wtf

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
The good thing though is that I have to assume the people commenting are (were) Obama supporters to be on that page. I think this will alienate all but his super diehard supporters. Maybe Obama wont get re-elected.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Personally, I don't believe it will even be close as the media would have us believe. Seems many of his supporters are sick of him too.
I agree, we've got the GOP's 2012 version of Mike Dukakis.

Romney evokes even less enthusiasm from the base than McCain did, and we know how that election worked out.

Find me an ENTHUSIASTIC supporter for Romney, I've yet to see one.

The left will turn out and vote for Obama, the same can not be said for the right and Romney.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I agree, we've got the GOP's 2012 version of Mike Dukakis.

Romney evokes even less enthusiasm from the base than McCain did, and we know how that election worked out.

Find me an ENTHUSIASTIC supporter for Romney, I've yet to see one.

The left will turn out and vote for Obama, the same can not be said for the right and Romney.
The way our politicians are spending our money and giving it to the lazy, I think I may change my vote to Barry and live off you tax payers. Sick and tired of our politicians doing whatever they want so I might as well get mine while I can. Sick of working hard so others do not have to. So FREE firearms for me!! Keep working hard guys, James needs a M1 Garand!!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The way our politicians are spending our money and giving it to the lazy, I think I may change my vote to Barry and live off you tax payers. Sick and tired of our politicians doing whatever they want so I might as well get mine while I can. Sick of working hard so others do not have to. So FREE firearms for me!! Keep working hard guys, James needs a M1 Garand!!
Free? Yes! Firearms? If (either really) get's elected in 2012: "Yeah kids, when I was a kid we used to be able to actually SHOOT those things you see in the video games!" "Yeah right dad!"

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Tax eaters now outnumber taxpayers, the war is over.

NY's lost half it's population over the past 50 years, yet local, county and state agencies have grown like weeds.

The welfare rolls are only part of the equation, NY's defined benefit obligations are equally offensive.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
If you're talking raw numbers, that's incorrect. NY's population in 1960 was 16.8 million. It's not 8.4 million today. In fact, it's over 19 million.
Fair enough, we've lost 7.3 million NYers to other States, replaced by 4.8 million foreign immigrants.

A net decline of 2.5 million since 1960, while the rest of the country grew.

Number of Congressional Districts in 1960: 43

Number of Congressional Districts in 2012: 27

Take a look at your local County Office Building.

How many MORE people are working there now, than in 1980?

This insane expansion defies logic, need, and most importantly the limits of the tax base.

A decreasing population with an ever expanding legion of Mandarins is a sure way to ruin a state.

NY's pretty much written the textbook on how to achieve that goal, and there's no sign of it stopping soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts