New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this was interesting.

BELLEVUE, WA - The Second Amendment Foundation today announced that CheaperThanDirt has made an unprecedented contribution of $100,000, making the online sporting goods retailer SAF's first-ever Diamond Level sponsor.

Created in response to the generous donation from CheaperThanDirt, the Diamond level of sponsorship indicates the highest level of support for SAF's continued efforts to restore firearms rights "one lawsuit at a time," as SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb explains it.

A partial list of recent SAF legal triumphs include Moore v. Madigan, Woollard v. Sheridan, Chan v. Seattle and the landmark Supreme Court decision in McDonald v. Chicago.

SAF wins outside the courtroom, too. On Feb. 5 in Oak Harbor, Wash., a combination of educational and grass roots efforts backed by the promise of legal action from the SAF persuaded city leaders to actually follow state law - a result of the SAF Preemption Legal Project. The SAF Preemption Legal Project assists cities and counties in achieving compliance with state firearms laws through education and when required - litigation.

SAF educational programs include the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference, the publication of TheGunMag.com and Women & Guns, and providing a variety of other publications.

The support of CheaperThanDirt for the right of law abiding persons to keep and bear arms is beyond question and their generous sponsorship of SAF demonstrates the sincerity of their support for SAF's efforts to protect and restore firearms rights.

"The level of support from CheaperThanDirt both delighted and shocked me," said SAF Director of Development Ray Carter. "SAF has never before received a single donation of this size and by itself CheaperThanDirt's contribution will make possible a major expansion of SAF legal action and education efforts. We are privileged to consider CheaperThanDirt a partner in our efforts."

· Registered
2,778 Posts
I bet they did this to try and get 2a supporters back in their good graces.
Yes, but maybe something so obvious nonetheless shouldn't be rejected. After all, what wife receiving flowers from her husband as an apology doesn't nonetheless put them in a vase on the kitchen table?

Of course with the sales these days $100k is probably about 20 minutes of profit for a big retailer.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
F them and its peanuts considering if a fed AWB goes in effect they are screwed... they need the AWB to disappear. Ever since they would not sell me a hogue grip for an AR 3 years ago, I never used them again... a hogue grip.... Well I guess the hogue grip combined with a forward grip makes a lethal combo...

· Registered
202 Posts
When they first stopped selling ar's, like everyone, I was like "ahh man you guys suc...." etc etc...

But im real torn in reality. I own a business. On September 10th, 2001...I could make say 500 in 5 minutes. Work then stopped for about a week, and after that I can make the same 500 in oh....2 hours. So, that doesnt seem like a big deal.....But thats one of say 100 shipments I export in one day. So, that 100 a day got cut down to 15 to 20 tops, simply due to new laws put in place after I watched buildings fall down from my window. At first, we all agreed "ok, bit of hardship to ensure were safe". Were now 11 years after the fact, and it gotten twice as hard. I have TSA, ATF, DEA, FAA, and every other three letter word up my ass daily. I have entire regions in the world I no longer service, simply becuase its not worth the time. And to make it worth the time, they wont pay that much. Just like firearms companies have decided to stop selling anything to NY, leo's also for some. Sometimes "firing" a customer is the best thing you can do for you, your business, which at the end of the day is whats best for you kids, and thier future. So, to all of the firearms companies who decide to no longer sell anything to New York, Thank You. You will forever get my business when 1) they overturn these laws and allow you to resume BAU. 2) I move to Texas, or PA, or FL. Also, these laws, although passed at midnight....I mean ima noob, and I saw it coming for a few years. Maybe cause Im in my line of business, and see what it does to people dailly(govy rules I mean). I saved the flyer from them that came with an old order, bottom right corner of the cover = 308, 1000 rnd loose box for $409.99 I stopped buying when that same box got to 550. Then it went sky high, now they dont even sell here no more. I dont blame them if I run out of ammo, I blame ME. And understand and 100% supprt thier position.

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
I dunno, that's a giant chunk of profit. Of course you could look at it as investment.
Not really when you consider that they were selling $12 Pmags for $100. Sell 1000 mags and you've made that $100k, they could easily do that within a few hours with the recent panic buying. I still won't buy from them either.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Cheaper then dirt might be a rat, But they did donate money to the cause, How many other companies are out there donating.Some times it's a little to late. We are definatly being gouged by 90% of the gun industry and the other 10% want to be there at out door step. $40 to $60 for a brick of 22LR, bend over & let me but***k you. All of these gun suppliers should be taking that added profits to conquer the Democrats in their quest to disarm the American citizens. Is it still legal to hand people who are convicted of treason? They definatly are not upholding the American Constitution that they swore to when they took their elected position. Any elected officail that is pushing for Gun Control should be Fired and sentensed to prison in general population for Treason.
Maybe a letter campain should be started to allof the Sporting Industry for donations to this legal fight for our gun rights. We do a hell of a lot more then shoot guns. We fish, hike, camp, golf, baseball, football, jog, on & on. Think of the billions of dollars we all spend on other sports besides guns & shooting. Hell a friend of mine just spent $500'000 on a motorhome to take on hunting trips & family vacations, Even the motor home industry should be helping us out, I'd say 90% of motorhomes have a firearm of some kind for personal defence. Legal or other wise.
Just my look at it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.