New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie Daniels unloads 'dag-blamed truth' on Obama

"We change the nation by putting people back to work again," Daniels proffered. "I'm a Christian; I believe in helping people who can't help themselves. I do not believe in helping people who can help themselves. Instead of putting them on the dole, put them on the payroll.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I agree with the Chick-Fil-A thing he mentioned. I've heard this a lot lately. I am completely pro-gay-marrige. Like, not at all anti. However, that isn't the issue really. It is people stepping it to try and tell a private business what they need to do and support. It is the EXACT same Chick-Fil-A is being accused of. If you don't want a gay marriage, don't have one, but if you DO, don't even think about saying "You WILL support gay marriage you right wing ******* bible thumping gun-toting redumblican! We don't spread hate here!" :O

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
He makes some good points but this is from a far right wing conservative that blames everything on the democrats.

James
Oh my God he's one of THEM?!!!!

:err:

That's like suggesting nothing significant is ever said by Oblamo since he blames everything on Republicans.

Hmmm...on second thought, I see what you're saying.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I agree with the Chick-Fil-A thing he mentioned. I've heard this a lot lately. I am completely pro-gay-marrige. Like, not at all anti. However, that isn't the issue really. It is people stepping it to try and tell a private business what they need to do and support. It is the EXACT same Chick-Fil-A is being accused of. If you don't want a gay marriage, don't have one, but if you DO, don't even think about saying "You WILL support gay marriage you right wing ******* bible thumping gun-toting redumblican! We don't spread hate here!" :O
Not exactly. You have a corporation that's sending financial support to organizations that are largely dedicated to keeping gays 'less equal' than the rest of us. It's gonna have some backlash. I don't see any gay companies paying to lobby against our right to marriage.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not exactly. You have a corporation that's sending financial support to organizations that are largely dedicated to keeping gays 'less equal' than the rest of us. It's gonna have some backlash. I don't see any gay companies paying to lobby against our right to marriage.
Nope, but they sure as hell lobby against you believing whatever you want based on your religion or personal feelings.

"I support gay marriage."- Cool!

"I do not support gay marriage for religious reason/personal reasons/etc."- YOU HEATHEN! YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE AND THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
There is a bit of a difference between saying "i do not support" something and giving money to an organization that wants to deprive someone of equal rights. I don't care what someone beliefs are as long as they don't try to screw with mine.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Their right to give money is exactly the same as your right to give money, or Ben and Jerry's right to give money, or Apple, or any other left leaning corp's right to give money. If you want the plug pulled on all the pro-gay marriage money going to organizations, fine, pull the plug on Chick-Fil-A giving money. The corporate leadership is representing the views of the stock holders by making a public stance. If you don't like the stance they took, or the donations they made, don't buy their stock, or eat their food. It's really as simple as that.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if gays can marry, straight people have already destroyed that institution all on their own, adding gays is just spreading the misery in my eyes. There is a slippery slope aspect to it that is rarely touched on, but that's for a different thread :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Their right to give money is exactly the same as your right to give money, or Ben and Jerry's right to give money, or Apple, or any other left leaning corp's right to give money. If you want the plug pulled on all the pro-gay marriage money going to organizations, fine, pull the plug on Chick-Fil-A giving money. The corporate leadership is representing the views of the stock holders by making a public stance. If you don't like the stance they took, or the donations they made, don't buy their stock, or eat their food. It's really as simple as that.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if gays can marry, straight people have already destroyed that institution all on their own, adding gays is just spreading the misery in my eyes. There is a slippery slope aspect to it that is rarely touched on, but that's for a different thread :)
Correct. Some people have a hard time understanding that:

Paying for a good or service = paying for a good or service.
NOT
Paying for a good or service = paying for the beliefs of the company!

What a company does with their profits is of no concern to me. I still use BofA and they are somewhat anti-gun. Why? What they do with their profits is of no concern to me. I am paying for their service, not their beliefs. I guess I'm just a realist and understand you will never agree with all aspects of everything with everyone.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Correct. Some people have a hard time understanding that:

Paying for a good or service = paying for a good or service.
NOT
Paying for a good or service = paying for the beliefs of the company!

What a company does with their profits is of no concern to me. I still use BofA and they are somewhat anti-gun. Why? What they do with their profits is of no concern to me. I am paying for their service, not their beliefs. I guess I'm just a realist and understand you will never agree with all aspects of everything with everyone.
I have to disagree there. I vote with my wallet a LOT. I don't go to McDonald's anymore, and while my two boys would like to go, they agree, they don't want to help fund groups that want to take the guns they will inherit away from them. I do tell others about McDonald's, and their anti-gun spending, but I don't brow beat them if they choose to go there to eat. The way I see it, I informed them, they are free to make their own choices because they are free Americans. They can vote with their wallet just like I can. BofA, same thing. I try to not do business with places that are anti-gun. That's not to say I would rather starve than eat at McDonald's (though the food might make me want to) or that I would refuse a check from a BofA account, it's just to say I try to keep my money, and thus the profit from it going to places that agree with me, or at least don't actively disagree with my views.
Personally, gay marriage isn't that big a deal to me either way, so this issue won't change my spending habits. Others will flock to Chick-Fil-A just to support their stance, just like some will flock there to protest......
I'm so damn punny sometimes......

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There is a bit of a difference between saying "i do not support" something and giving money to an organization that wants to deprive someone of equal rights. I don't care what someone beliefs are as long as they don't try to screw with mine.
This.

If it was a company spending big bucks on anti-gun measures, you can bet the OT denizens would be singing a different tune. Religion has no place in business and religion and business have no place in influencing government. I know that's far from the truth in this day and age of lobbyists running everything, but it's the way it SHOULD be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts