New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Criminal charge against 8th grade student arrested after NRA T-s - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

Jared Marcum's mother, Tanya Lardieri, was overcome with emotion after signing a dismissal order and cementing the fact that the criminal charges against her 14-year-old son, Jared Marcum, have been withdrawn.

"It should have come sooner but it's done and we don't have to have that concern anymore about him having a criminal record" Jared's father Allen Lardieri tells WOWK. "I'm just glad that it's over. His mother is glad it's over."

Never should have gotten this far but good news.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hopefully the lawsuit against the school district is successful. Maybe then other school districts across the country will take heed and cease the ridiculous persecution of kids with gun shaped toaster pastries or "finger guns".

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I hope he sues the crap out of the school, the cop and anyone else who had their fingers in this.

Every time this kid applies for a job, and when he applies to colleges, he's going to have to answer yes when they ask if he's ever been arrested. Then he'll have a bunch of explaining to do, and will likely miss out on some opportunities because of this.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
im happy for this family, and im real happy they are going to sue the school district. i hope all the parents of these kids who are being oppressed sue the crap out of the school districts. i buy shirts for my kids that are pro 2a, and when they start school i really hope that no one gives them **** about it but if they do i will take appropriate legal action.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Now the officer who arrested him needs to face charges. Justice for all.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I hope he sues the crap out of the school, the cop and anyone else who had their fingers in this.

Every time this kid applies for a job, and when he applies to colleges, he's going to have to answer yes when they ask if he's ever been arrested. Then he'll have a bunch of explaining to do, and will likely miss out on some opportunities because of this.
No why would he ever answer yes to that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
i think its sad that it took that long for it to be dropped. im happy it was dropped but that kid should have never had charges place on him in the first place
You're absolutely right!

Our F'n school systems are completely OUT OF CONTROL! So are the local Police (for even going ALONG with this garbage in the first place). If I were a cop, and received a call to "arrest a kid for a Pro 2A shirt", I'd slap the living s*** out of the principal, and walk out.

When I signed the petition, I gave them a serious piece of my mind (what's left, anyway) :)

All joking aside, when I saw the little box (on Petition Page) to "leave message"....I let 'em have it!

This is what our tax dollars are spent on? Frivolous police calls & lawsuits? I thought that ridiculous McDonalds Lawsuit was bad enough (hot coffee), but, THIS????? Just IMAGINE, if this kid was sentenced? Which wouldn't surprise me, anymore, but, my point being.....I don't think the outcome would be pretty.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
No why would he ever answer yes to that.
Because once you get processed, no matter the outcome of the case, your name will come up in a search in the criminal database that employers use.

·
Registered
278 Posts

The only time in NYS that one is required to disclose an arrest is when applying for a firearm permit, a job as a police officer, or as an attorney. The arrest itself is not evidence of wrongdoing.

Keith

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Sorry, I don't consider this a "victory."

The fact this situation even happened is a monumental defeat. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry, I don't consider this a "victory."

The fact this situation even happened is a monumental defeat. :(
I consider it a Victory, because we were able to put down an effort at dictatorship. I don't see it as a victory of the WAR on Tyranny, i see it as a battle won in the continuing WAR Against Tyranny. The Battle was won, but the WAR rages on!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Now this is good to hear. Hope the civil suit is successful as well. The kids in that school are getting their best lesson live.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.