New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to change your liscense from the handwritten hunting and target only, to an unrestricted carry. it is a carry permit but written on the bottom outside the border says hunting and target only. i was told by the county clerk to write a letter to an administrative judge. and got a letter from his office saying he does not do this and i have to re apply. the judge that signed it is no longer a judge and i keep getting bounced around from the county clerk to the courts. and now can't even get the clerk to answer the phone.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
What county issued your permit? Monroe County doesn't usually restrict them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live in Orange County, and was just at the Clerks Office last week getting a form for my father. He has had restrictions on his permit since he got it in 1961. He now wants to get unrestricted. The clerk gave me a form to fill out, said to write a letter explaining why you want unrestricted, and bring all back to her. The clerk said she will submit everrything and the cost was $5.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
monroe county issued it . and i am going in circles with the county clerks office and the county court office because no one knows would i need to do. i talked to a town police chief that was a sheriff for 30 years and he said he has never seen this before.i am trying to do this all at the same time as updating my picture and address. maybe i should do that and see if it comes back unrestricted. since it will be a different judge that signs it. since bristol is no longer there

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Monroe will only restrict a permit if you specifically request it or they find a real good reason to.

When you filled out the forms, which box did you check? If you checked the "hunting and target' box, then you got what you applied for. If you checked the 'carry concealed' then the judge either found something in your file or application that he was not comfortable with and issued the restricted one.

I suggest, as always, calling Sheldon Boyce at 585-454-2000 and talking to him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts