New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun store has a new Century Arms M16A1 5.56/.223 Sporter pre-ban rifle for sale. I don't know much about Century Arms to just put down the money for it,asking price is $780.00. So if I could get some likes or dislikes from some of you it will help me out a lot. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
It's not preban... They are selling it as a preban though? Did it have a flash hider and bayonet lug?

Overall very decent rifles. Built using Colt M16 parts kits

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a flash hider not a brake,the upper and lower are not Colt . So apparently they are using other parts.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok wll see if this will work..This is their latest ad. If you double click on the pic it will enlarge it so you can read it better Check Out Our Latest Ad It is priced @ $779.97

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nowhere does it say that it's preban.

If you look at the last line it says 30- round preban....so in order to sell the 30 round mag in NY would it not have to be pre ban? The guys in the store all say that it is. That is why I am asking questions here because I am not up on Century Arms

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I guess I will pass on it as apparently they are misleading people with the way they have the ad written.. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a good buy for a brand new retro style. Does lower say m16 or ar15?
I can't remember what it said. I am going over tomorrow and see if there is a MFG date on it and if it says M16 or M15. Will take pics if they let me..

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
How is it misleading? It says 30-round preban. Have you ever heard somebody refer to a rifle as being "a 30-round"? It's pretty clear it's talking about the magazine.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is it misleading? It says 30-round preban. Have you ever heard somebody refer to a rifle as being "a 30-round"? It's pretty clear it's talking about the magazine.
It is misleading because they said the rifle was pre ban not just the mag. This was the words of the salesman when I spoke with him, that is how it is misleading..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked to Century today and they were great with the information on this rifle. Gentleman told me the rifles were produced in 2009 and that they were sold to a distributor in March of 2012. He looked it up from the serial# I gave him from the rifle. Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts