New York Firearms Forum banner

Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier at bar

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  SPIKER 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Alcohol fueled encounter. This is why you shouldn't drink to excess when "on the job" (yes, I know he was technically "off duty").

#5 ·
Abuse of power - we've been discussing this at length in the SAFE act arrest thread...

#6 ·
Either drink or be a LEO. Can't do both at the same time. I'm not saying off duty LEO shouldn't drink but they need to keep the badge and gun away if they choose to do so. And what is it with people not realizing that there are cameras EVERYWHERE. Everyone should be careful of their actions in public. There is a fair chance you're on video.

#7 ·
Guy got rejected by the girl most likely and this was his reaction. Good job by the locals. Even better job suspending him without pay. This is how things should be handled. This accountability is what makes public trust LEO's. In my bar working days we had a drunk off duty deputy try to come in with his badge and arrest someone that he got into an argument with. The guy was hammered and with his lady friend. We told him the badge was worthless when he can't even walk and turned him away. He would have most likely gotten in trouble had we let him in. We did him a favor but he was not that happy!

#9 · (Edited)
I'm at a loss as to what this guy was going to do after he had her cuffed. Throw her in his truck, and sexually abuse her?

Thank god there were witnesses, and video.

#10 ·
thank goodness for the cell phone video or this animal may have gotten away with this.

#17 ·
Positive outcome. The public opinion of LE is only reinforced by the department weeding out the troublemakers. Excellent outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.