New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for a CCW belt? I've seen them online anywhere from $35.00 - over $100.00. Currently using just a regular ol' belt and was wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
159 Posts
IWB or OWB ?
IWB you can get away with any decent garrison belt.
OWB you should go with something more ridgid:
Galco - Belts at Galco
Or my preference:
Beltman - http://www.thebeltman.net
If you place the holster around a pants loop it will give you more support.
C.B.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I use the Desantis E25BJ36Z3 Econobelt. Bought it on ebay for 22 shipped. Very stiff belt. Like the black powder coated buckle. Nypd wears it under there duty belt.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have a good write up on my EDC System here. You can also use the forums search bar at the top right of the screen and just type in "CCW Belt", and read through most of the pages that come up. It's worth the hour or two to read through several threads to get an understanding on what people like/dislike, and why. I list an example of a low priced and high priced belt that is specifically designed for CCW usage. Don't forget to read up all the other good threads that come up from that Search Bar as well!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Or my preference:
Beltman - Gun Belts by The Belt Man
If you place the holster around a pants loop it will give you more support.
C.B.
My preference as well, on both comments.

I also have a Wilderness Instructor belt. Excellent quality at a very affordable price. With that said, mine is collecting dust in the closet as I always wear the beltman belt.

https://www.thewilderness.com/tactical-belts/original-instructor-belt/

Anyone interested in a hardly used belt for a large waisted individual?

:D

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
I wear an A&G Gunleather bullhide belt. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I actually had a couple of belts made for me by my Amish neighbor who has a leather shop down by my camp! I ordered one in black and one in brown! GREAT belts, double leather, stitched together! My buddy liked mine so much he had him make him one as well! Best belts I have ever seen for CC! Nice and stiff, with no sag. Capable of holding my full size 1911 with out any problems!

·
Registered
416 Posts
My current rotation includes, in order of preference from top to bottom: the Crossbreed Holsters gun belt, The Wilderness Original Instructor Belt and a Rafter S Gunleather belt in black sharkskin.

1. The Crossbreed Holster Gun Belt is easily my favorite jeans belt and the one I wear the most. It is a stiff, strong 1.5" belt that no one would ever look at and say, "Hey, that looks like a gun belt!" It has a velcro backing for use with V-clips, if desired, and rides on my waist silently. I've had this belt for years and it looks almost like new. Threading the Crossbreed through kydex belt loops isn't ideal so for those occasions I use...

2. The Wilderness Original Instructor Belt is my choice for cargo shorts, jeans or any time when I need to thread a kydex holster through. I've worn this 1.5" belt for years and the velcro is showing some signs of the wear and tear, but the belt itself is still as rigid as ever. It's a work horse belt you can wear every day. Of note, the buckle is quite heavy and does draw some attention as something that looks "tactical". You don't want to drop it on your toes when getting undressed either.

3. The Rafter S sharkskin belt looks great, but has that annoying squeaky sound you get when twisting leather. It is also my thinnest belt at 1.25". Typically I'll wear this belt with dress pants where the thinner width is necessary. Threading the Rafter S though kydex holster loops is also not ideal so a holster with black leather snap loops would be a good idea.

Looking around at the other options, I've always admired the Ares belts, but never cared for the Cobra bucks. To me, they just scream "Gun Belt!" To address the demands for a lower profile buckle, the company introduced the Ares Aegis belts. Pricey, but this is just the kind of discreet gun belt that I could see myself wearing for years to come. Buy once, cry once.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts