New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling back to NY on 9-11 after a trip to the IMTS trade show in Chicago. The lady who checks your boarding pass and ID wouldn't let me through because my New York ID only has my initials, then my last name. Because she couldn't confirm my first name she called the head of security over. I had to talk with him, and the only other photo ID I had with my name was my CCW permit. I wasn't sure how he would react, but I handed it to him. He was a bit confused. But after about 10 seconds of quiet thinking he accepted it.

Time to go to the DMV and get my license corrected...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Sounds like time to not fly that airline.

Fork out money to NYS because an airline is incompetent? Nah.

Gutsy move handing out the CCW though. Surprised you weren't on CNN. xD

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I've used mine a couple of time in NJ to cash checks, make a nice conversation starter.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I've used mine a couple of time in NJ to cash checks, make a nice conversation starter.
A CCW permit damn well better be accepted! Hell, it's more of an official ID than your DL considering that you have to get fingerprinted, background checked, supply references, and be approved by a judge in order to be issued one. I don't remember having to go through the aforementioned process to get my DL.....WTF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts