New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SR40C I can only conseal with a heavy zip up hoody or jacket.
So, I'm looking at 9mm.
I don't like the glock so thats out, I've handled a few others I didn't care for but I'm open to options.

I'm around 145 lbs

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Take a look at the Ruger LC9 or if you want to give the SR40c another chance try a Comptac CTAC holster for it. I'm a skinny guy too and have the same issues

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Perhaps look at a single stack, Walther PPS or S&W M&P Shield. The Ruger SRs are a little bigger than those choices as well as thicker.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Walther PPS? It is SLIM!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only way I can conceal the SR40C is under my armpit, I'd like to IWB carry and get a cross breed holster once I find something comfortable in my hands.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I would have to agree with s.Monkey, Ruger LC9 is a fantastic choice, they can be found for under $400 new. M&P Shield is a great choice if you can find them. The Walther line is awesome, price point a bit high but great guns.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I know many people that are carrying full size or mid size guns in an IWB. They range from 160 lbs and 5' 7" on up.....

Dress and conceal as the gun needs, not the other way around. If you're looking for that small, diminutive gun that you can bury in your pocket, then think of the following:
Next time you buy tires for your car, get the ones that may or may not have traction when you'd like them to. Maybe they'll hold air, or maybe they'll go flat while you are at work and you need to get home in an emergency. Maybe they'll have a slim chance of going flat while you are driving. WHo knows? heck, you bought them because the price was cheap and they look cool.

Or

Instead of the larger fire extinguishers for your home, go get a few of the smaller ones that are more convenient to hide around the house. You know, the ones you can put behind a book, way back in your kitchen cabinet so that no one sees it. Stick one up above your entertainment center when it will collect dust and lint. That way, you'll have a bunch of them that will put the fire out a little bit and possibly help, or you can get the bigger ones that are less easy to hide somewhere, BUT they will do the job......

Just a thought. Think about what you are requiring that gun to do. What task are you assigning it? Do you want to trust your life, or someone else's, to a gun that may not be as accurate, or reliable, or effective - compared to something bigger, more accurate, reliable, and effective?

Yes....having something is better than having nothing, I know.....but if you could have the right tool for the job, why choose the one that may not be the perfect one? Choose the correct one and your odds of success (and survival) increase dramatically.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The Sig's are actually looking nice, I would have to hold one.
Anyone ever handled a kimber raptor II?
I have 2 Kimber Ultra II's . One is a rapter and the other is a CDP II. They both carry well in my IWB holster. I love the Kimbers. I also carry a Beretta Storm. It carries well two.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand what your saying, I just need something that doesn't look like I have a growth on my side.

What kind of belt and holster are you using, and where are you positioning the gun?
The SR40C is currently be held with a under my armpit holster. I haven't gotten the cross breed IWB holster yet, but the height of the gun is just about as wide as I am. lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here are several good options:

S&W M&P Shield, 9mm, in a Crossbreed or Durbin IWB holster.

Glock 19, 9mm, in a Crossbreed or Durbin IWB holster.

J-Frame Revolver, in .38 or .357, IWB.

I think Mr. Jenkins would agree.

I personally prefer the Crossbreed or Bob Durbin IWB holsters to other carry methods. I am able to draw effectively. I'll not soon forget the time I was unable to draw my LCP from my DeSantis pop-up holster.

Which reminds me! ;)
For Sale or Trade: DeSantis Pop-Up holster, right hand, tan. Make offer.
Pop-Up <== Click Here!
opplanet-desantis-right-hand-tan-pop-up-holster-020ta70z0-abbccd.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
i carry an sr9c iwb in an old faithful holster at either 7:30 or appendix around 10. appendix conceals better but its not a big issue when carrying at 730. like you i am a small guy, i am only around 5'7" and like 140 pounds. i wear an undershirt and then a size medium shirt which as long as it did not shink or is not considered fitted i can conceal my sr9c. a baggier size medium or a size large shirt covers good. i have never been "made"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts