New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I missed information regarding Cattaraugus County but I couldn't find any. I'm new here. I would like to get a permit to carry in Catt county and was wondering how difficult this is. I saw on one site that while it's legal to carry one for protection that if you put that down on your application they will not issue one to you. Is that true? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I said I am new to all this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Catt county is pretty easy.After picking up your app. ($10) fill it out in black along with the 4 references no notery required. No classes are needed either, now call the clerk for your fingerprinting.That could take up to a couple weeks to get and once you get there pay your fees ( last i remember they were about $120). As for why you want it ,put down self protection and target .... and if you hunt put that down too. Catt county issues ccw permits and the wait time can vary but 3-5 months is about the norm.Allthough no classes are required if you are new to firearms i would suggest you take one or two, maybe someone will list some options for you there . Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm in the process of applying for my pistol permit in catt. County. I am trying to find out if a misdemeanor can be a cause to deny me of it. I have an aggravated unlicensed operator to the 3rd degree. Along with a couple of other speeding tickets a traffic infractions. The unlicensed operator was reduced to a parking ticket so it doesn't appear as a misdemeanor but I know that any and all will be viewable when applying for ccw. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. The fact that this is such a sensitive process has me stressing out. I also recently was approved when registering my assault weapon. Idk if this makes much difference

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for nothing

Hi I'm in the process of applying for my pistol permit in catt. County. I am trying to find out if a misdemeanor can be a cause to deny me of it. I have an aggravated unlicensed operator to the 3rd degree. Along with a couple of other speeding tickets a traffic infractions. The unlicensed operator was reduced to a parking ticket so it doesn't appear as a misdemeanor but I know that any and all will be viewable when applying for ccw. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. The fact that this is such a sensitive process has me stressing out. I also recently was approved when registering my assault weapon. Idk if this makes much difference
I guess my question was overlooked by everyone else. But for you people getting a permit in Cattaraugus county don't sweat a thing it is the easiest and almost everyone one is approved. I received mine by mail in 8 days Feb. 2014. Good luck finding any more info on this county.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts