New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across this custom 357 and am Wondering if anyone has any information on it. It's a S&W frame but that is about where it ends. Its marked twice with the name Cassavant. I did some googling and all I could find was a couple old articles unrelated about Donald Cassavant gunsmith NY. This revolver is very well made has a hair trigger and is overall pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marked 46287 with a 2 Under it when cylinder is opened. But that is not the Serial number

Serial number is marked on bottom of grip.

Front sight is also marked Cassavant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I came across this custom 357 and am Wondering if anyone has any information on it. It's a S&W frame but that is about where it ends. Its marked twice with the name Cassavant. I did some googling and all I could find was a couple old articles unrelated about Donald Cassavant gunsmith NY. This revolver is very well made has a hair trigger and is overall pretty neat.

This is a really delayed reply but Don Cassavant was a local Gunsmith in the Hudson Valley. He passed away many years ago but built many custom handguns for people shooting in PPC matches. My dad had most of his competition revolvers done by him. I still have one of my dads 1911's that Cassavant worked on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts