New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on here carry multiple guns in public? Is there any sort of limitation either with respect to the number of guns or the total number of rounds (I would likely carry spare mags)?

I have been wanting to carry a couple of firearms at a time, but I want to be sure not to violate the violations of my rights (think about that for a second).
;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
No limit to number of guns or magazines on you at a time other than how much you can conceal.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
90% of the time I have two, and spare mags for both. honestly I don't know if there are any regulations on how many guns vs mags you can have on your person at once. that's a good question, I would like to hear an answer also

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
No limit to number of guns or magazines on you at a time other than how much you can conceal.
this might be a question for a separate thread. do your spare mags have to be concealed? for example say I am in line at the grocery store and I have a spare mag in my pocket along with my change and while digging for the 17 cents to pay the cashier my spare mag is spotted. is that a violation of the law? would that be in the same category as menacing?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I haven't seen anything in the penal code that says they do have to be, but it would draw unwanted attention to you having a firearm and possibly calls to the police.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
You shouldn't have anything in the same pockets as your firearm or any reloads

·
Registered
171 Posts
this might be a question for a separate thread. do your spare mags have to be concealed? for example say I am in line at the grocery store and I have a spare mag in my pocket along with my change and while digging for the 17 cents to pay the cashier my spare mag is spotted. is that a violation of the law? would that be in the same category as menacing?
Definitely not illegal. In fact, there is no law by which you can be convicted for accidently revealing your firearm. The police might be called, it is remotely possibly that they could arrest you, but you would likely never see the inside of a courtroom. IANAL, just my interpretation.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I always carry one. I frequently carry two. No law against carrying two when and where you can carry one.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I try to have 2 gun Tuesday whenever possible, and then there is 3 gun Thursday and 4 gun Friday.

In all seriousness. I carry one with extra mags usually, but if I think my statistical chance of needing one is increased by location or time, I then carry 2. OR If I just feel like carrying 2 then I do. Always extra mags for sure though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Rather than packing another pistol..... Consider carrying something less lethal, like Pepper spray. This gives you another tool in your toolbox. When problems present themselves,one can never have to many options!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Bodyguard 380 on the ankle... 40cal Beretta on the belt. Typical primary and backup situation.

For the record... willfully being in any place where you think that you MIGHT need any quantity of guns is a bad idea.
i feel i might need a gun anywhere i go hence the reason i carry. i carry not because it is my right to do so but so i can protect myself.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bodyguard 380 on the ankle... 40cal Beretta on the belt. Typical primary and backup situation.

For the record... willfully being in any place where you think that you MIGHT need any quantity of guns is a bad idea.
For the record.....Thats not true. I have guns....LOL

Sometimes you have to drive through a bad neighborhood in the evening to get to the location in a good one your going to. Should I not go to good neighborhoods because they are near bad one?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.