New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll be going to a concert tomorrow, needless to say I will not be drinking, but its a concert and the other 98% of the people will be.
Now, has anyone every been given a hard time when carrying a flashlight on your belt or pocket?

I've walked in with my pocket knife before, or I'll stuff it in my boot and walk in, I haven't been anyplace where I need to be padded down with the light on me yet.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've never had an issue with lights. I try to clip it so the clip is visible and they ask then I downplay it as a flashlight. Seems they are happy it's not a knife and don't usually ask further questions. I got stopped in Times Square over the clip despite being around 10's of thousands of people...they are like hawks. When I said it was a flashlight he was cool about it and didn't harass me further. I even offered a few times to show him that it was a light cause I was a bit annoyed, he declined. LOL

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
where's the concert? some places seem more strict than others too.
most concert venues around here, they only check bags and don't bother asking you to empty your pockets or anything of the like.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've had WAY more issues over wallet chains than lights. Hell I've walked into the cop shop and other secured locations and had no issue (including airports). Unless you've sharpened the bezel or added a harpoon attachment I would be shocked if you had an issue honestly.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its at darien lake, It hit or miss. Now and the I get the guy that gets way to close to my junk. Lifts my shirt to check my belt buckle, ask me to empty pockets when I have only my phone & wallet and generally 1/4'' form a knee to the face.

Totally neglecting the fact I have a knife in my boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts