558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a sig sauer sp2022
probably not the best gun to carry ever day
I was thinking wearing a chest rig set up to carry
I ride horses and work on horses feet
constantly getting hay.
up and down on the tractor
how does everyone carry a similar size pistol for every day concealment ?
thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
...I was thinking wearing a chest rig set up to carry...
Chest rig might not work to well with lifting bales of hay. I'm thinking the hay will be close to your chest and wind up getting into the rig and gun.
S.O.B. is probably ruled out due to having to mount and dismount (from the horse and tractor), it might also come in contact with the back of your saddle.
I don't have a reasonable answer for you. Yes, I've carried a G-19 but my activities are not near the same as yours.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I carry a Colt Combat Commander occasioally, I have a in the waist ban holster that goes on the right side of the back, once on it's very comfortable and out of the way, when I put it on it's on all day until bed time. You can take a nap and you don't even know it's there. Useing the toilet is a little pain in the ass, but that's life.

Jeans Furniture Leg Table Textile

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Machine Fashion accessory

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you conceal it I like that holster should look into getting one

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
When I want it cocealed I wear a button up shirt, I don't button it. Summer time a nice light weight button up shirt with short sleves work for me. In the fall I wear a heavy Carhart button up shirt. I can see what brand of holster it is if you like the manufacturer to see what they have for your gun.
I need to buy one for my Glock 20 -10mm I just picked up as well as a Miami Classic shoulder holster for when driving.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Look at AIWB carry. I do all manner of activities and some include horses and hay.

Good belt this is paramount and couple it with a good holster.

Mindset. Only you see the "print". Really!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I work in construction so I'm always moving around. Lifting blocks, buckets, you name it. Bending over, reaching and driving a truck. I appendix carry a m&p shield 90% of the time. It doesn't really get in the way but I also have a whitehat holster that carrys around 4 o'clock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts