1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
While jogging, Keltec .380 in a high noon bare asset IWB. I wear pants with a draw string and elastic. I just tie the string up tight and it's secure. Practiced drawing and the clip on that holster grabs the fabric enough that it doesn't come out with the gun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've often thought about this on my longer training runs (usually as dogs are charging me or at night in the dead of winter). Because of what I wear (short running shorts and no shirt in the summer) it's almost impossible for me. The winter time I could definitely work something out but not so much the summer. Cycling is the same deal, hard to conceal in my cycling clothing. I generally don't leave home without the carry knife though. And don't even get me started on trying to carry while I'm swimming :) I'm interested in hearing from others though.

^ triathlete speaking.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is something that I've been thinking about too. Since getting my permit earlier this year, I still haven't worked out the details to carry when riding my bike. I always use a CamelBak, whether road / canal path riding or trail riding. I haven't carried in that mostly because I know it's not readily / easily accessible. Also, in the event that I ran into trouble while riding somewhere, and lost possession of my CamelBak or was injured, that would lead to a whole other pile of issues. Example; two years ago I took a spill and broke my wrist. Luckily my friend was with me and helped get me and my bike out of the woods. He loaded all my gear in my Jeep and drove me to the ER. I guess in a worst case scenario I could have locked it up in the glove box? I just don't like that option, especially with the location of some of the hospitals in Rochester.

I usually wear either MT Bike shorts, or Lycra bike shorts with loose cargo shorts over top with a loose-fitting shirt, and I haven't figured out a good way to carry yet. Maybe I'll look at something like the High Noon that Jeff suggested. The only thing though, is that I've had a few good crashes over the years, and I think that having my pistol holstered somehow on my body would hurt like a b!#$% if I were to fall directly on it. For now, I just keep a knife clipped to the waistband of my shorts.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I got a belly band about a month ago. Went running with it once, using my smallest and lightest gun which is a Walther PPS. Let's just say it was not a good experience. The band isn't tight enough to keep the gun from moving while running, so the muzzle rubbed against my bare skin for the whole run. Walking it would be fine, but running you definitely need something stiffer than a belly band.

The link in the OP seems like it would work very well.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Thunderwear...LOL

I gotta see OP get his primary, backup, cuffs, spray, and extra mags in THAT one!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've actually had decent results carrying a Walther PPS in an MTAC while running. I wear board-short type shorts with a drawstring and an inelastic waist, draw the string tight with the holster on and I'm relatively good to go. The large leather area keeps the gun from jumping around and sliding on you during activity, although I'm sure more problems would arise with a heavier handgun.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dont buy anything from hillpeoplegear, I just checked your link everything is $100! Find your local ArmyNavy store I got almost the same items one desert camo for $9 one new digital ACU $15 lol crazy what people are charging for anything labeled survival, or tactical gear.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I picked up a used Runners Kit Bag made by Hill People Gear : http://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/1916/ProductID/35/Default.aspx

I found that the gun (M&P Shield) was 'bouncing' around in the bag too much while I was running, so I went to work with some Kydex. The result works well. The gun stays secured in the holster, which is then held in place with some heavy duty velcro that is attached to the kydex. The bag comes with the soft side of velcro installed, so I just stuck the hard side to the kydex. I then used some 550 cord to loop through the holster and a dummy loop in the bag. This is now included any time I run, bike, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts