New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midway has Carlson's 870 barrels on clearance, and I've been searching high and low for a good deal on a 28"+ barrel for my gun. I've done some research on the Carlson's barrels, and it seems like most people love them, but there are a disturbing number who say the barrel prevents smooth cycling of the gun and that they are garbage.

I asked on Midway's Live Chat, and they said they won't accept a return if the barrel has even been fitted to a gun, even if it wasn't fired. I know that just fitting it and cycling a few times will produce scratches on the barrel. So I'd basically be rolling the dice on whether I get a good one.

Do any of you have experience with Carlson's barrels? Maybe the issues were with an early run or something?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, 12 gauge 28" or better vent rib which accepts chokes. Under $150, ideally under $130. Carlson's on clearance is an opportunity, or I can continue searching for used (slow-going).

·
Registered
436 Posts
The price is excellent. I am looking for long barrels for my benellis and the carlsons barrels are less than half than the oem barrels.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
sorry scotchman, i dont have any help for you except the obvious (factory barrel). why not check some of the shotgun forums for used barrels, etc...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have never heard of anyone having a problem.....Carlson barrels are nice, I know a couple guys that have them and they work fine....I wouldn't be afraid to use one myself if I needed one....

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I ended up winning a barely used Remington barrel on eBay for $92. Pretty happy with the price, we'll see how it is when it arrives.

Midway lowered the price by $6 (must be a computer lowering it until they sell). They have had 7 in stock for at least the last week. Here's the link if anyone else is interested. Be sure to post how it turns out: Carlson's Barrel Remington 870 Express 12 Ga 3 28 Rem Choke Red Fiber

1 - 8 of 8 Posts