New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Uncle gave me his Carl Gustafs's rifle today to clean up. It belonged to his Father, he knows nothing about it, just wants it cleaned up before it succumbs to rust( starting to)

Doing research it is a 6.5 Mauser caliber but here is the stupid question, how can I get the bolt out, the whole press the trigger to pull bolt out thing doesnt work lol. It's pretty sticky from just crud and rust starting to build on it. My plan for it is to just strip it down and sand blast the whole barrel/action then get it Cerakoted for him.

· Registered
2,913 Posts

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Here is a link I found if you want to ask questions as well........Swedish Defense Ministry,maybe they can help.....

FMV

· Registered
1,841 Posts
Now, I'm not sure if it's any different from the Swedes I have, some Carls and Huskies, but the bolt on mine all come out the same way as any other Mauser: tilt the bolt stop outward. The front of the tab on the left side of the receiver (top on Raven's picture) pulls away from the receiver, retracting the bolt stop.

Now, the 6.5x55 is a fantastic cartridge, and I'd urge you, if possible, to see if you can get a satisfactory rifle with a judicious cleaning with Kroil, Hoppes, Mobil1, or pick your favorite poison. Failing that, if you're going to alter it anyways, I'd recommend an aperture receiver sight, as they're very accurate rifles.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Thanks Raven for all the info and searching you've done.

I wish this was my rifle, but he gave it to me to clean up so it won't rust away(was stored in a shed for decades)
No problem,I was kind of stabbing in the dark looking for information......Good luck with your rifle,it sounds like a beauty....:)

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Just had a student bring a 1903 model. Very nicely made rifle! His was in very good condition and the damn thing is scary accurate at 100yds!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.