New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Recently changed to a different career, not a drastic change, but a switch none the less. Do I need to inform the permit office? My local PD? Both? I'm in erie county with an unrestricted permit.
Thank you

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi everyone,
Recently changed to a different career, not a drastic change, but a switch none the less. Do I need to inform the permit office? My local PD? Both? I'm in erie county with an unrestricted permit.
Thank you
Erie county issues written instructions that failure to update a change including employer, within a few days (might be 10) subjects you to possible permit revocation. The form can be found online. The cost is $5.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Yes the communists need to know you changed jobs and I believe it is 10 days. Cant see why this is any of their business at all or that it would impact your permit in anyway. It’s more of a control thing and screwing the serfs we are in NYS.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I worked with a guy who moved from Erie to Catt county some time in the 90's. Never updated his permit until he had to renew it because of the safe act. He some issues but nothing major. :)

EDIT: removed me I need to change my job too. no clue why they even need to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This matters a lot to me. I'm moving from Texas to Brooklyn, but I am locum tenens hospitalist, essentially a traveling physician. My staffing current agency (it's not uncommon to have several, I currently use one but have another for side jobs) is in Kingwood, TX and I work at no fewer than 5 hospitals scattered around rural Texas. I have no idea how New York would react to a business address in Kingwood, TX (which is a place that I will never physically visit, even though I live in Houston now) in addition to at least 5 and likely more locations scattered around Texas (where I will be at random for 10-14 days each month). That list can and will change (i.e. I take a side job with the other staffing agency for a few days)...how does that count? Bottom line, the list will always have multiple entries and be constantly changing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts